Chapter 88: Patching Up Friendship

Present Day

Present Day

Qing's POV

"You look well, Qing..." Guo gege smiled, as I sat down in front of him.

I smiled back, "thank you ge..You look well too..." I nodded at him as we looked at each other.

It had been years; almost five years to be exact that Guo gege and I hadn't talked to each other, or looked at each other's eyes or smile at each other like this.

The last time we talked, was when we had a row, which ended up with Lin Min Mei hitting me with her bag. That time when I didn't come home to Dayu, because I had a swollen face and I didn't want Dayu to see me looking pathetic like that.

It was one of the incident that became try catalyst for what happened next in mine and Dayu's relationship.

But, I had never blamed anybody for it but myself; not even Lin Min Mei. I could have done things differently if only I wasn't such a fool and such a jerk. If only I realised that I was in love with Dayu sooner. But, I didn't. And it was all my fault.

That time; when Guo gege accused me of trying to steal his wife; I corrected him, heatedly, telling him that he was wrong. I told him to his face, at that time that I had no interest in Lin Min Mei anymore. I had no intention of ever being with her.

Guo gege was still half disbelieving me, when I told him that, at that time because he still didn't know about Dayu. Guo gege thought that I was still the same as I was two years prior; when I was still seemingly 'in love' with Lin Min Mei.

The few times that I saw Guo gege after that incident, we didn't talk much because by then Guo gege probably had known about Dayu from his wife. And by then too, Guo gege also had seen Lin Min Mei for what she truly was.

Whenever we met, we didn't talk much as Guo gege could only bow at me with guilty, regret and shame on his face. He was still staying by Lin Min Mei's side though. Despite everything the woman did; Guo gege forgave her and he still wanted to be with her.

It wasn't until Lin Min Mei came to see me after four years and also after Guo gege met with Dayu accidentally at Dayu's cafe in Shijiazhuang, that I learnt about Guo gege and Lin Min Mei's impending divorce.

And this would be our first meeting in a very long long time.

"Thank you for coming, Qing..." Guo gege smiled, guilt, regret and shame were still very much evident on his face, "I know that it's probably shameless of me to be asking for a meeting like this..After all that had happened...But...I had to see you Qing..."

I nodded, giving Guo gege a reassuring smile, "I understand ge..Please don't say that...I also want to meet with you...!" I said, truthfully.

Guo gege and Lin Min Mei had been my closest friends for more than ten years, until Lin Min Mei decided that she wanted to be with me after all.