Chapter 90 : Precarious Predicament

Present Day

Present Day

Shijiazhuang

Qing's POV

I think I knew now, how it felt when you feel as though you're about to lose your life.

When I saw Lin Min Mei taking out the knife and began waving it at Dayu; I thought, my heart would stop. The fear almost paralyzed me and I was already jumping on my feet towards the door.

"Not yet, sir. Please..Be patient..Just a little bit more..!" My lawyer and one of the officers took a hold of me, and I saw red.

"Don't you see- he's in danger!!! You all need to go there! What are you waiting for???" I thundered at the officers.

"Sir...Look..Mr Feng, looks calm..He knew that hes not in danger...They're standing far apart..." My lawyer, forced me to look at the screen again.

Yes, Dayu looked calm. And he's even talking normally, telling Lin Min Mei not to do anything stupid. Yes, the knife was not a big knife. And there's enough space separating them. But still; it hurt, seeing my beloved person being pointed a knife at.

I struggled a little from their hold, as I took a hold of my urge to barge to the private dining next door.

"We need more to gather enough evidence to charge her with attempted murder with intense malice..." My lawyer reminded me of our plan. The plan, that I myself had thought of earlier today.

I froze and I almost panicked when I got the call from Uncle Tsang just a little after nine today. I saved all of the guys at the café's number; asking them to give me a call if they need anything. And I was quiet shocked because Uncle Tsang was the first to give me a call.

What he told me sent shudders of fear all through my body. Lin Min Mei came to the cafe demanding to meet Dayu. And Dayu agreed to meet her at 1 in the afternoon; barely four hours from the call.

I wanted to call Dayu right away and forbid him for going to the meeting. I didn't want him to meet Lin Min Mei. I didn't trust that woman. She had already tried so many crazy things, to try to get her way. She's vindictive, and she's filled with ill-intent towards Dayu. I had a foreboding feeling about it.