Chapter 21: Sorrow

A.N: I hope you like this chapter because, I had a lot of fun writing it. I love the detail in this image! Look closely at Izuku's eyes. If you see what I'm talking about comment to let me know! Don't have much else to say in this A.N just please vote and comment and thanks for all the support!I
Hope you enjoy!!!

~~~Previously~~~
As the smoke clears, Bakugo's eyes widen at the sight before him, before his vision is blurred by tears.

Izuku's P.O.V:
My eyes snap open and I bolt upright, a pained gasp escaping from between my lips.

"K....Kacchan—"

Through my blurry vision I can see the sky, each fluffy white cloud bobbing along in the magnificent stretch of azure and I feel like I'm floating with them, my entire body numb and weightless; a feather spiralling in the chilling wind.
The only thing keeping me grounded is the heaviness on my chest and I can't tilt my head to figure out what exactly is stopping me from freely twirling in the sky. After a few moments of longingly staring at it in silence, my ears pop and suddenly I'm bombarded by noise. The sound of crumbling buildings, the crackling of distant fires and soft, quiet sobs that reverberate against my chest. Slowly, I tilt my head and bite down on my lip to hold in my scream of pain as a sharp, fire erupts across my back, intertwining around my spine.

The burning pain spreads as I shift and finally settle my eyes on the blurry lump shaking on my chest. I wince and squint my eyes to try make out the lump, that slowly becomes clearer. A blob of yellow and black, turns into a dark hoodie and a head of spiky ash blond hair that is buried into my aching chest; heavy and making each of my shaky breaths harder and harder to suck into my tight lungs. Once my fuzzy mind recognises the person curled on top of me, I suddenly don't mind the burning agony engulfing my body, or the annoying way his head hinders my breathing.

I don't even spare a glance to the sky that I had longed for so desperately, attention grasped by the boy stopping me from floating away.

"......Kacchan......" I manage to choke out of my raw throat and the head on my chest darts up, letting me inhale a deep breath only to choke on the smoke in the air. His face appears before mine and I find myself tensing when I see those magnificent scarlet eyes blurred by tears.
"Izu...ku?" His familiar deep voice, is weak and shaking, and it cracks towards the end of his question, jolting his gruff whisper into a higher pitch. I shift again, moving my mouth to try answer him but, only succeeding in forcing out a wheezy squeak that has the blond beside me darting forward, yanking me off the ground harshly and crushing me to his body. His usual stiff and searingly hot body, melts to an overwhelming warmth and softness that, I almost feel as if a complete stranger is pressing me to him so desperately. His strong, arms, corded with muscle are rough at my sides, trapping my arms but, the hand he buries in my hair is gentle and engulfed in a soothing heat that has me trembling from a swell of emotions inside of me. Fresh tears spring to my eyes and I struggle to loosely place my limp, strained arms around his waist.
Instantly, Kacchan jumps forward, arms tightening on my body and squeezing me tight enough to have me gasping in pain and surprise. His spicy scent invades my senses and I find my mind clouding as he whispers coarsely in my ear, breaths hot and uneven and lips occasionally grazing my lobe.
"Thank God, oh thank God. You idiot, you fucking moron! I thought you were.....fuck, never again, Izuku! You will never do that to me again. I can't, I CAN'T loose you, do you hear me?! You selfish bastard! How could you? Oh, Izuku, Izuku Izuku....."

Kacchan continues to mumble my name against my ear, like a prayer and I feel my face flush as he presses closer and closer; his voice a deep, husky susurration.
My trembling fingers hesitate before digging into the fabric of Kacchan's hoodie and pulling him even closer, if that's possible, with a pained sigh.