Chapter 43: Hesitance

A.N: Hey guys! I am so so sorry for the long wait. I know I promised my break wouldn't be this long, but I was in hospital a lot recently because I've discovered I have a lot of medical problems. I've explained all this in my latest announcement on my profile if anyone is interested. 😅
I'll be updating four more chapters soon, so dw I'm back!
Now without further ado, here's the next chapter. I'm so happy to be back! I think this is the year I finish A Little Bit Quirky! Hope you enjoy and thank you so much for your patience! 💖💖💖

Note: Since the end of ALBQ is in sight, is there any different ships you would be interested in reading about? Or just more of BakuDeku? I'm writing a BakuDeku fic atm, would you like a little preview? 😉
Also dw I'm going through all the comments I missed and I'll reply to as many as I can!💕

RECAP (PLEASE READ INSTEAD OF REREADING ENTIRE BOOK. I'M EDITING ATM, SO THERE'S NO POINT GOING BACK UNTIL ITS ALL EDITED. THANK YOU!!!💕):
All Might and Iida have been tortured by the villain Itsuki. Iida is left with two broken legs and the possibility of life-long repercussions on his quirk. All Might was attacked by Itsuki's mysterious quirk REM, a power to tap into someone's mind and put it to sleep. This causes indefinite amnesia in the Pro Hero, just as Deku uncovers the truth of Senketsu's attack on UA. Petty revenge is not on the menu, it's just the side dish.
The villains are here for the main course.

Bakugo, having finally come to terms with his feelings for his childhood friend, is determined to protect him.
Aizawa, however, is still in denial – fifteen years of it. Desperate to push away the amnesiac All Might, he reveals the reason his past love ended:
He had a son who died tragically at birth.

Meanwhile, Todoroki is dancing a precarious line between hero and villain as he questions who is really in the right. Akira, his enthusiastic admirer, has gotten into his head. When he hears the news of Akira's undercover mission to infiltrate the villains and prove his loyalty, he doesn't sit idle.

Senketsu and Itsuki are closing in, strategically and perhaps morally victorious.
Who will win? Who will die? How many more secrets could be hidden in the tangled past of Shota Aizawa?
UA has banded together to face the new threat, but they're missing their most important link.
Izuku Midoriya has quit being a hero.

With so many more twists to come, so many mysteries to unravel, will Author-san be able to finish A Little Bit Quirky once and for all?
Or will the dreaded writers block creep up on her?
But wait....what's this?
After eight whole months of inactivity, Author-san has a surprise for the audience?
A Little Bit Quirky won't just have a sequel, but a trilogy???
Find out all you need to know in the last 17 chapters of ALBQ!!!! 💕💕💕

Izuku's P.O.V:
Rolling over in bed, I open my eyes to the small, dark expanse of my room.

Plastered across the four walls are posters of All Might and other heroes, who mock me with their proud smiles. My chest of drawers is spilling clothes onto the carpeted floor and figurines are scattered amongst the clumps of dirty laundry. I've not showered in days and the vile stench of an un-hygenic teen mingles with the wet, tang of week-old pizza boxes.

I've taken to my new life as a Hykkamori (A.N: Japanese for recluse) better than expected.

"Izuku!" Mom calls from downstairs and I swallow thickly. Burying deeper into my blanket, I ignore her and close my eyes. My bedroom door opens and I flinch. "Izuku?" My mom leans into the room, concerned. "Are you alright? You haven't been downstairs in so long."
"M'fine." I mumble into my pillow as she bundles into the cramped room.
"Oh dear, this room is a mess." She shuffles her way through the garbage and scattered clothes to my window. Throwing open the curtains, she sighs happily. The light sears my eyes, worse than any injury I ever received as a Hero and I pull my blanket over my face.
"Ow." I groan, squeezing my eyes shut.
"Sweetie," My bed creaks, shifting with the weight of my mother as she sits. "This isn't healthy." She pats my arm. "You need to talk to me if something's bothering you. I need to know if my baby is okay."
"Mom." My voice is muffled by my blanket, so I push it off. "I'm fine."
"Izuku." She looks at me in disappointment and I sigh, shuffling up in bed. Resting my head against the wall, I rub at my face.
"I'm sorry. Look, I just..." I furrow my brows. "I need time to process everything."
"If you want to be a hero..." She trails off, but quickly regains her words. "You know I won't stop you. It's already been a month and three weeks – Almost two whole months! You can still go back to UA."
"I don't want to." I blurt, anger bubbling up in me. I don't want to think about UA or anything else to do with being a hero. "I've made my decision. I quit being a hero! Stop bringing it up." I flip over, snuggling back into my blanket.
"O..Okay." She shifts. "But...You're not happy Izuku. I can see that and if you're not happy, neither am I. Whatever it is that scares you, whatever you're running from, I'll always be here. Know that at least." I frown, regretting my words, but resist apologising. I barely have the energy.
"Your friend is downstairs." She speaks into the silence and I tense, heart pounding.
"Wh...Which one?"
"Iida."
I sigh, relaxing. "Tell him to come back later."
"Izuku." Surprised at her stern tone, I turn to face her. "I will not tell that boy to leave after he walked all the way here–"
"Walked?!" I gasp, throwing off my blanket. "Mom, Iida broke his legs! He shouldn't be walking!"
"Thankfully his legs are healing fast with Recovery Girls treatment. He's on crutches at the moment, but I can tell he's still in pain. Don't you dare make all that effort useless." She moves to the door and narrows her eyes. "Put on some clothes and greet your friend politely." With that final order, she leaves the room, slamming the door shut behind her.
I stare after her wide-eyed.