Chapter 31: Love

A.N: Hope you enjoy this chapter! I'm really excited for it and ALBQ's finale is approaching slowly. 🙁
I hope you like the way things are developing and let me know your thoughts on what has happened s far and what you think will happen next in the comments.
Plz vote and comment and thank you so much for all of the support! I really appreciate. Also check out my other fics if you're interested!
The song, which so fucking beautiful by the way, is best played during the kiss in this chapter.
Anyway here's the next chapter! 😘😘😘😘

Izuku's P.O.V:
My heart thumps loudly in my chest, rattling against my ribs.

My lungs squeeze, ice flooding my veins as, Kacchan's grip on my arm squeezes so tight, I know there will be bruises.
His fingers brush gently, so gently over the burn marks on my back and I bow my head, tears springing to my eyes. For some reason, I don't want him to see these. Just a few seconds ago it felt like something in our relationship was finally mending, but I know deep down that the wounds on my back would ruin all of our progress.

"Where did you get these?"

I crane my neck to try and see his expression, but his head is bowed, bangs casting a shadow over his face. "I was just -"
"Don't lie to me, Izuku." I flinch from the rawness of his voice and release a breath of air. The air between us sizzles with nerves until I finally decide to tell the truth.
"In the explosion."
I feel him suck in a breath behind me and he suddenly lets go of me, flinching away as if my skin burns him. "I jumped in front of Akira. It was my own fault Kacchan-"
"Don't."
I turn to him, taking a step forward. "Wait, but Kacchan..." I touch his shoulder softly. "... What you said, did you mean-"
"Forget what I said."
"What, but..."
"It was nothing. I just got... caught up in the moment." He nods, shrugging off my touch and moving to leave.
My hand slams into the wall by Kacchan's head of its own accord, One-For-All sparking in my blood and green electricity crackling around my arm.
"Kacchan." He stares at my arm blocking him furiously and I reach forward to touch the side of his face. For the first time in the past few weeks, I move of my own accord, not swept away by lust or passion.
"Please look at me."
He turns, crimson gaze meeting mine and then he leans forward.

Our lips meet softly and Kacchan keeps his mouth shut as he kisses me. Its tender and warm and I find my eyes falling shut as I lean in to it.

Our kisses are always rough and harsh and sloppy and fast, but this is the complete opposite. His lips are smooth and so incredibly soft, they glide over mine carefully. His hands cup the back of my head and pull me closer fingers trembling and I kiss back just as soft.
A warmth spreads from my lips and through my body, tingling in my chest. Heart fluttering nervously and breathing a little erratic, I feel my eyes sting as Kacchan touches me so gently, it feels as if he thinks I'm going to break. I'm not fragile, I think to myself, but when I let my eyes slide open, I see Kacchan's morose, desperate expression; brows furrowed and eyes squeezed shut, and suddenly I can't voice my thoughts. A foreign vulnerability oozes off of him and I wonder if this is really the Kacchan I know. He would never show me this side of him.
Does he even have such a side?
I reach up and loop my arms around his neck, pressing closer. The kiss stays soft, but Kacchan finally relaxes, letting out a shaky breath against my mouth when we break away.
"Deku." He murmurs quietly and I feel myself blush, because the way he says it is different somehow. Intimate.
He brushes his nose against mine, eyes still shut and body hot beneath my touch. "Deku." He continues to mumble, slowly closing what little distance there is between us. We both lean in and the kiss is even more tender. Emotions surge up within me - too bright, too overwhelming and as they swell in my chest, pressing against my ribs, I grasp the back of Kacchan's t-shirt in a trembling fist.
The kiss aches.
The sweetness, the gentleness, the careful touches, the almost nervous breaths puffing out of Kacchan's mouth, the taste of him - it all aches.
The pain is brutal and swift, but it is also beautiful. Everything is so unbearably sweet that I feel as if it will all crumble away and I'll be left in agony.