Chapter 39: Bittersweet

A.N: Yes, I know. I made you all wait, roughly a month for this. But yesterday was my last day of school, so I have no stupid homework and assignments to distract me from this anymore. I will be updating every week again! Also to make up for the time lost this chapter is 5000+ words, so I hope that makes up for it.
Thank you so much for the support and plz vote/comment! Also welcome all new readers!!!!!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️
Side note, why does this pic fit my fic so well. Bakugo is wearing Senketsu! 😂😂😂

Izuku's P.O.V:
"We need bait." Kaminari says and Kirishima nods, patting the other's back. "Yeah, something to like lure Senketsu and the other villains to us."

"We have bait. The Emerald Eye..." Minori rolls his eyes. "We don't know what that is and I'm certain the villains are aware of that by now." Todoroki rubs a hand down his face, looking incredibly tired. I'm tempted to tell him to get some sleep, but when I look around everyone is just as exhausted. Still, we struggle to counterattack, so I lean into Kacchan's shoulder discreetly, revelling in the warmth there, the solidness of him. "What we need is information." I find the courage to say, running a hand through my messy curls. "So far we know almost everything there is to know about Senketsu, so we have a way to plan around her, but we need to find out more about the other villains: Akiko, Oz, Wolfgang and Itsuki. "
"You're excluding Akira." Uraraka points out, throwing a suspicious glance to a bed laid out a few feet from the rest of Class 1-A. I look to Todoroki who is also staring at the sleeping Akira and when he doesn't speak, I frown. "W... Well, after hearing everything that happened, I assume he's defected to our side."
"We can't trust him." Iida murmurs and I meet his gaze, carefully avoiding his bandaged legs. The nurses say he won't be able to walk for two months at least. I hold back a wince at the thought.

"You don't have to." Todoroki sighs, still gazing at the sleeping ex-villain. "I'll be keeping an eye on him. You just have to trust me."
"A... Alright then. Then about the other villains. We have to pile together all we know. Akiko, for certain, can control electricity, much like Kaminari's quirk. Wolfgang has-"
"Strength." Aizawa states, scratching his beard. "I'm not sure if it's his quirk, it was... Strange. He was strong, but his body was fragile and his movements were too quick for someone packing muscles. I don't know how to explain it."
"There was also Jiro. It was like he was giving her orders and she obeyed them. No not orders, but... Guidance? It was weird. The way he spoke, it was like he wasn't talking to a human, but an animal or something. It may be his quirk too." I supply, Kacchan's hand lazily stroking my back as I speak, comforting me. "Even the way Jiro moved was creepy. Like she was some sort of fucking puppet. She could even use her quirk expertly." Kacchan's chest rumbles against my arm and I lean even further into his touch. "What about Oz?" Tsuyu asks and I think carefully. "I have no idea. He was very fast and quiet, but I don't think that had anything to do with his quirk. That was just skill. He wore gloves, even while eating! That might be some sort of clue."
"Gloves?"
"It could mean his quirk involves some sort of skin protection. Temperature, texture, grip...."
"And Itsuki?" Aizawa furrows his brows, leaning forward to rest his hands on his knees. "Itsuki is a rare case. I'm warning everyone here that if they come in contact with him, they must run. Immediately." Pinching the bridge of his nose, he continues. "You see his quirk is dangerous, extremely so. Most pro heroes, myself included, would be unable to face it. The only one I've seen who bested it, was Senketsu herself and Toshinori...." The man's eyes flicker to the tent, growing distant and I draw him back." What is it? "
"R.E.M."
"Hah?" Kacchan scoffs and Aizawa meets each of our gazes, before answering.

"Dreams."

"He can control them. Make you fall asleep, enter your mind and toy with your thoughts. Force you to do things you never want to do while your mind is unconscious. It... It happened to me once. I heard his voice like... Like an angel - no a pixie, a mischievous sweetness luring me into the dark. Then I was gone, dead to the world. I don't remember anything, except for the echoes of pain and when I woke, I was holding a kitchen knife, it's blade nicking my throat, drawing just a few drops of blood.