Chapter 24: Vulnerable

A.N: Hey! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the last chapter so here's the next! It's a little longer than usual and will sort of recap everything that's happened with Senketsu and the new villains. Also there's a possible new ship that I threw into this chapter on a whim because, I felt like the two characters could make a cute couple. Of course, plz comment and let me know if you think you could get behind this new ship or if you think it shouldn't happen.
Hope you enjoy and thanks for all the support!!!!!!!! 😘

Warning: Mentions of self-harm and possible new ship.

Todoroki's P.O.V:
I stand in the corner of a classroom by the window, staring emotionlessly at the storm swirling outside.

The sky is a sea of bleak greys and cold blues that peak in and out from behind the thick banks of fat clouds, that flicker with bursts of electricity as, thunder blares loudly in warning.
A few feet away, in a chair at the center of the class room is an unconscious boy dressed all in black. He is tied to the chair by a worn rope, arms stuck to his sides and head lolling against his shoulder. When Principal Nezu, told me to watch over the villain that had attacked Midoriya and Bakugo, I had happily accepted the task. After, being no help to Midoriya when Senketsu first attacked, I figured that guarding this villain would at least be better than waiting in the dorms, wallowing in how useless I was.
Not to mention, it would be a good chance to see a villain who had given both Midoriya and Bakugo severe injuries and who apparently had an amazing quirk.

However the boy before me is nothing like I expected.

His clothes consist of a pair of thick combat boots, black, skinny jeans and a leather jacket. His t-shirt has the faded logo of a band I've never heard of before printed across it and he wears a pair of fingerless, black gloves, that I see no use for. His ebony hair is shaved on the left side and chopped into on the right, before it fades into a deep blue that curls around the nape of his neck. His skin is pale, littered with bruises, cuts and burn marks, all of which I sterilized as soon as I entered the room. A long nose juts out from his face and is nestled between his closed, slanted eyes, that flutter every now and then, long black eyelashes casting a shadow across his cheeks. One of his eyes is swollen shut and coloured a nasty purple that fades to an off green around his cheekbone. His sharp chin curves into a square jaw and then slopes upwards into his small ear that has four silver hoops pierced along his lobe and a spiked silver crest-moon along his shell, a blue chain dangling from it and swinging slowly as he breathes.
For reasons I can't quite fathom, my mismatched gaze falls to his thin lips and stay focused on the dark blue lip ring that curves around his bottom lip, gleaming in the light.
After what feels like only a few seconds but, in reality was more like five minutes, I pull my gaze away from that oddly fascinating lip ring and raise it to his bruised eye.

I almost flinch when I'm met with a bright, vibrant shade of electric blue that glimmer beneath his thin, sharp eyebrows.

I had never really had a favourite colour. Even as a child, I was more preoccupied with my father's brutal training and my mother's spiral into instability but, as I stare into those narrowed orbs that reflect the light from the ceiling and stand out starkly against his pale face, I find myself deciding that electric blue wouldn't be a bad choice.

Slowly, the boy shifts in the chair, lifting his head to meet my gaze fully, not even bothering to struggle against the restraints. A lock of his blue hair sticks to his sweaty forehead as, he finally breaks our eye contact and tilts his head back, eyes closing. Letting out a deep sigh, he speaks, voice hoarse and lower than I expected.
"Ah~ You're cute."
I quirk a brow, arms crossed over my chest and watch as he leans back on the hind legs of his chair and thunder rings out, muffled through the closed window. He peeks open one eye and stares at me, lips curving into a smirk that has the ring on his bottom lip glinting.