Chapter 17

He had officially missed the last lecture of his classes for the day.

Long after Hoseok had left him, Jimin still found himself crouched down on the floor in the janitor closet. People were walking pass the room and Jimin could hear them chattering away about how their day had been. They were happy and lived a pretty normal student life, besides being supernatural creatures of course.

Jimin was not happy.

He was puzzled,

Confused.

After Hoseok had told him that it was his parents that Jimin had seen in his cognition, he had tried to get Hoseok to explain to him why he did that to his parents, but even after the rare hybrid had admitted it, he still felt reluctant to tell Jimin anything else.

He didn't feel that he could trust the young halfling and having only known him for a couple of hours Hoseok still wanted to protect himself.

But the last thing Hoseok told him, caused Jimin to be stuck on the floor, contemplating.

"Be careful with your ability. Don't let anyone else know you have that power. People might take advantage of you and I'm not talking about nice people" and then he just left.

Jimin shook his head, putting his thoughts and questions on hold for the moment knowing that if he didn't get going soon, his mom would start to worry about him. It was well into the afternoon already and Jimin still had a fair bit to walk home. In addition to that he still needed to go to his locker to grab some books for his newly given homework.

Gathering strength he lifted himself of the ground, dusting his clothes off before finally leaving the closet. He quickly headed towards his locker, the hallway being almost empty as most of the students had gone home already. A few were still whispering quiet conversations amongst themselves while leaning against the walls, but Jimin just ignored them.

With books in hand and his bag thrown over his shoulder, Jimin moved towards the back doors of the building. The alley way made his walk 10 minutes shorter and seeing as he was already late, he opted for saving time rather than walking safely.

However, as soon as he stepped out onto the stairs, he halted his movements and closed his eyes.

Someone was crying, struggling and Jimins eyes turned pink as he grabbed the handrail to steady himself.

-

Exiting the school, Jin took a deep breath before he continued down the stone staircase and towards the alley. It was late in September and the leaves on the trees had already turned yellow, orange and red. With fall, winter followed and one could clearly see it in how the day quickly shifted towards night.

Even if it was still afternoon, it was already starting to get dark outside. Jin wasn't very fond of the dark and Seoul wasn't exactly the safest place to be when the shadows of the night got more space to roam. Jin shivered at the feeling of having to go through the empty alley. It was already much darker because of the lack of street lights and the chilly gust that suddenly appeared, didn't help him fell any safer.

He rapped his jacket tighter around himself, blowing warm air into his hands before gently placing them in his warm pockets.

As he turned the corner of the first dumpster, he stopped at the sight in front of him.

The silence and emptiness caused him to have chills and Jin tucked his tail in-between his legs and laid his ears flat against his dark, brown hair that was delicately waving in the cold, September wind. One step further in and Jin shrieked as a bottle shattered to the left of him, but he immediately calmed down upon seeing a rat run across the pavement ahead of him.

He started pondering what to make for dinner.

Trying to shrug the uncomfortable feeling off, Jin continued, failing to see the red eyes glowing in the darkness and slowly following after.

-

Jimin exhaled deeply, his breath coming out as a cold fog in the chilly weather and at the same time he started to panick.

Jin was in trouble.

He quickly rushed down the stairs following the crying that was currently getting louder and louder. He was scared of what might expect him, but he wanted to help his new friend so Jimin swallowed his fear and kept running.

The halfling had felt the aura of the glowing red eyes and it wasn't a good one. The creature following Jin in the alley had bad intentions and Jimin was afraid to think about how many of them had already been executed.

As he kept running he felt how his heart was pounding in his chest, his breath even more uneven and when he swallowed he tried to ignore the metallic flavour in his mouth.

He was scared, genuinely scared and it didn't help when he suddenly heard a noise behind him causing him to turn his head. He didn't stop and failed to see the guy he was about to run into.

Jimin fell to the ground, barely having time to catch himself and he made a pained "oof" sound that left his mouth as the impact knocked the air out of him. Jimin gasped and shrieked seeing the cut on the lower part of his left arm. The blood steadily dripping down and for a moment he had forgotten about the man that had caused him to fall in the first place.

He glared at the creature, but the braveness soon disappeared when he recognised the vampire.

"You!" Jimin snarled.