Chapter 53

"Dear God..." the werewolf closed his eyes.

Sighing he shuffled closer to the one he had imprinted on. The poor beta currently lying unconscious on the sofa in what had been a strangers house. Pearls of sweat covered his smooth, delicate body, his face wearing a grimace. A face that sometimes contoured in pain and each time it did, Jungkook felt a sting in his chest.

Like a warning.

A future threat that might occur if they kept wasting time. The only thing he felt he could do was to pray.

Pray for his mate to make it through, to survive the unforgiving destiny that had apparently been written out for them. Pray that whoever this newcomer was that Jungkook and the rest of the boys had come to known, would help them.

He hoped that Jimin found compassion within himself. That the Yokai hadn't completely taken over and that the young man still had some sense of feelings left in him.

"The fuck? You praying?" The demon hybrid snorted, leaning against the living room wall in an unbothered way. Jungkook woke up a couple of hours ago, screaming and clutching his chest, making Hoseok and Mrs Park immediately look over towards the beta while trying to calm the alpha down.

Taehyung was lying motionless on the sofa; a peaceful yet twisted expression on his face and Mrs Park quickly concluded that the reaction had come from a nightmare that the young werewolf had.

Jungkooks breath was uneven, his heartbeat raised and his chest pained, like he felt that the muscle keeping him alive, was slowly breaking in half. The feeling overwhelming him, making tears brim in his eyes and sweat appear on his body. It didn't help that the night of the full moon was rapidly approaching, enhancing his senses and mixing his feelings.

The young werewolf spent time calming himself down before crawling over to his unclaimed mate. Taehyungs hand felt cold in his own and the tears that threatened to fall earlier, finally spilt. Jungkook knelt, bringing the betas hand towards his face, making it caress his own cheek.

Taehyungs scent was slowly fading, his lavender mixed with chocolate barely distinguishable and Jungkooks heart ached, thinking that he might never be able to smell it again.

"Yes, I am fucking praying!" the tone came out harsher that what Jungkook intended, but he couldn't be bothered with formalities right now. "To God?" Hoseok asked, a small smile appearing on his lips at the slightly amusing scene in front of him.

Jungkook wasn't a guy who would usually kneel down and pray. His personality and attitude not allowing him to put away his pride to do such a humble gesture.

Hoseok wondered when he would see it again, if ever.

"Yes! I am praying to fucking God, who else? Should I pray to the devil? Might as well pray to you then!" Jungkook hissed, his head turning to watch the reaction of the young man standing behind him and Jungkook bit his lip, choking his own laughter.

"Why you little..." Hoseok growled, taking a step from the wall about to speak his mind to the little annoying alpha, leaning in front of his hopefully soon to be mate.

"Boys..." the voice deep and warning, yet gentle and caring, coming from the woman seated in the corner of the room. Her old armchair perfectly shaped to her body. Her closed eyes, focussing and you could see her pupils flickering underneath her eyelids.

She didn't need to open them to know the scene happening in the room. She had a teenage son herself, knowing how they could behave, even though her own was slightly special.

"What's she doing?" the new voice came from behind, although familiar, it wasn't expected at this hour, at least not yet. Namjoon walked with steady, proud and determined steps into the living room. His aura stronger than before and he displayed this almost royally atmosphere.

His mate following behind, trying to hide his limp that was way too obvious to the rest of the creatures in the room. Hoseok huffed; Jungkook snickered before they both spoke in unison.

"You mated?" "You fucked!" the demon hybrid looked over towards the werewolf, sending him a glare and strongly contemplating whether or not the young creature deserved a smack on the back of his head. "Why does everything revolve around fucking when it comes to you?" Hoseok accused but Jungkook only formed a grin on his face already backing away.

"You don't need to sugar-coat it hyung. They clearly fucked!" Jungkooks eyes diverted to the omega hidden behind Namjoon.

Jins ears were a flaming red colour of embarrassment and he desperately tried to bury the rest of his face in the turtleneck he was currently wearing. Namjoon smiled, loving the hot and bothered expression that his now claimed mate displayed.

Hoseok grunted, crossing his arms in a pouting manner and trying not to think of the numerous ways he currently wanted to kill the young alpha that was laughing and pointing at the poor omega.

Suddenly, Jungkooks gesture stopped.

He immediately brought his hand to his chest, clutching the white t-shirt borrowed from Mrs Parks husband. The woman immediately shot up from her seat, barely in time to catch the falling alpha that were biting his lips, preventing his pained screams from escaping his throat.

Everyones eyes landed on the beta the minute he opened his fading emerald eyes. His scream reverberating throughout the house and both Jin and Namjoon quickly covered their ears.

Hoseok held Taehyung down, his arms waving frantically in an attempt to scratch himself. The fiery sensation in his chest building up and they all knew that time was running out.

"I found him," Taehyung barely caught what the female voice said, before slipping back into unconsciousness.