Chapter 40

Nonchalantly leaning against one of the bookshelves in the corner of the room, Yoongi pretended to pick his nails when the doors to the libary finally opened.

He tried not to look but desperately failed as the two werewolves practically dragged the halfling with them inside.

"I said I was coming!" Jimin argued, twisting his arms so that the werewolf duo would let go of his jumper. He groaned, clearly annoyed over the wrinkles that were forming after Taehyung and Jungkooks firm hold. 

"So, you thought you could trick us, hm? Lie to us, what game are you playing?" Hoseoks voice made Jimin loose focus over his jumper and turn towards the tables in front of him.

The hybrid crossed both his arms and legs, leaning back on the chair he was sitting on and Yoongi found it amusing how he almost looked like a cop during interrogation.

Jimin didn't react, not even when the hybrids eyes flashed red and a low growl escaped his throat in a threatening manner. "I have no idea what you're talking about," Jimin defended and in reality it was true.

He assumed that Hoseok would immediately ask him about the carved tattoo, guessing that one of the others in the room would have already filled him in on it.

"It's gone, if you're wondering," Jimin felt the spot on his neck itch as he spoke up, but tried to ignore the need to scratch it. "What's gone?" Hoseok asked, anger and frustration clear in his voice.

"The butterfly. It's gone. I don't know how, but when I left the nurses office, I went to the restroom to check and it was gone," Jimin moved his jumper aside, leaving his neck exposed and Yoongi leaning in the corner of the room swallowed a large amount of self-control, watching how the vein pumped the halflings blood around his body.

"Control," he whispered, feeling his fangs itch and screaming to be let out. Yoongi closed his eyes and breathed through his nostrils, making them flare.

Four pairs of eyes were curiously staring at him when he finally opened his own again.

The halfling with a tilted head, the hybrid with an annoyed expression and two werewolves who were barely able to hide their grins. "You said it out loud, hyung," Jungkook snickered, followed by Taehyungs smirk and Yoongi clenched his fists, keeping his claws from lashing out towards them.

He ignored the blood that was trickling down his fingers from his fast healing wounds.

"It just doesn't disappear like that! It's a permanent mark, it says so in the book," Hoseok brought the conversation back to the main focus, flipping through the pages and frantically looking for the part that stated that all fairies had a butterfly carved into their skin.

"It's their mark. The creatures mark and it will never fade away. They are born with it and live with it through their entire life. It is a sign to others to be aware of what they are capable of, what they can do." the hybrid read out loud before his gaze diverted back to the halfling by the door.

"What creature?" Jimin asked. He moved closer, noticing the book that Hoseok was reading from and for a brief moment, wondered how he hadn't seen it earlier. The old paperback was huge. Brown dark leather lined the outside of it. But as Jimin was about to touch the page, Hoseok pulled it closer to him, away from the halfling as if he was scared Jimin was gonna break it.

"Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about!" Hoseok hissed, clutching the book in his embrace. Jimin retracted his hand, gently trying to give of a non- threatening behaviour towards Hoseok. But right now, the problem was that the hybrid saw everything Jimin did as threatening or suspicious.

He had made up his mind and was absolutely determined to lure the truth out of the halfling.

"I think you have some explaining to do!" Hoseok grabbed Jimins arm, making the boy shriek as he forced him to sit down next to him. Yoongi reacted, moving forwards but stopped when Hoseok shot him a glare and a low snarl.

The hybrid had already made up his mind and at this point he didn't even care if he hurt the young man sitting next to him.

He wanted answers and some way or the other, he was gonna get them.

"You know, it would actually help if I knew what we were talking about," Jimin pointed out, voice quiet while looking down at the firm hold Hoseok still had on his wrist. He could see the bruise forming under the hybrids hard clutch, but Jimin felt himself becoming too terrified to ask him to let go.

Hoseok huffed, considering before he reluctantly brought the book back on the table. He quickly flipped the pages with his free hand, stopping when it landed on the letter F.

He moved aside, allowing the halfling to view the book and a smile crept up on his face, watching Jimins contour with confusion. "What is this?" Jimin asked dumbfounded and Hoseok grunted upon hearing the oblivious tone of the young man next to him.

"You know very well what that is, it's you..." Hoseok accused, but he didn't get the reaction he was expecting.

Hoseok assumed that Jimin would give a knowing look, a look that would tell him that he had caught him red handed. A look that would turn into a nervous and unsettling one.

However, while the look was unsettling and filled with nervousness, it was also laced with confusion. Hoseok watched how Jimin went through several emotions as if he was trying to decipher a code or a riddle that Hoseok had just given him.

"I'm not sure I follow," Jimin muttered, eyes fixated on the book and for a brief moment, Hoseok noticed how his eyes flashed pink.

It struck something in Hoseok causing him to let go of Jimins hand and clutch his chest.

His eyes started glowing a firey purple and just as he was about to ask what it was, a shadow appeared in the room.

It all happened so fast...