Chapter 29

Two days later

*Beep beep beep*

"Joonie, turn it off! It's making my ears hurt" the omega shifted, stealing his mates pillow to quickly cower his ears. Namjoon whined, but he knew that he couldn't do anything about it.

A grumpy Jin in the morning was like trying to commit suicide and the alpha hybrid valued his life too much for that. "I'm sorry, babe. I still have to go to lectures even if you don't," "What do you mean? Of course I'm going too," Jin looked at the alpha quickly interrupting him before Namjoon got a chance to explain.

"I am going!" the omega snarled.

He had been stuck in the apartment for the last two days, not being allowed to do anything but resting. It was making Jin insane and if he had to spend one more day in the confined room that was his apartment, he would go mad.

The alpha just closed his mouth and nodded before he got up and headed towards the bathroom to have a shower. Jin sighed, finally being alone. He quickly got up from bed, limping his way over to the closet to figure out what to wear for the day. As he moved over to his mirror, he lifted the PJ, grimacing at the massive bruise that had formed over night.

Yep, his rib was definitely broken.

Was he gonna do something about it?

No, that would hurt his pride and Jin liked his pride.

By the time Namjoon had finished, Jin was already in the kitchen, fully dressed and cooking for both of them. The alpha wanted to say something. He didn't like Jin cooking for him and doing stuff when he was injured, but Namjoon knew that he would burn the frying pan by simply touching it, so this was definitely something Jin had to do.

Therefore, he instead made his way over to the omega, slowly bringing his arms to embrace his mate and laid his head gently on Jins left shoulder.

Jin hummed in satisfaction, feeling at ease by the scent Namjoon was displaying. Goosebumps were slowly forming when he felt his mate breathing into his neck, taking his scent and making sure that he was filled with it so that he would be able to smell him anywhere.

There was no way in hell Namjoon would let what happened a couple of days ago happen again.

"I love pancakes," the alpha smiled when he realised what Jin was cooking and Jin returned the gesture, knowing that he was making one of Namjoons favourites. "Do you think you'll be able to set the table without breaking anything?" Jin mocked and laughed upon hearing the whining from his mate.

"I'm not that bad!" Namjoon defended on which Jin only shrugged, hiding his giggle.

There had never been a time where Namjoon didn't break anything while setting the table, but Jin could always hope for a miracle.

-

By the time Taehyung woke up, Jungkook had already taken an extremely cold shower. A procedure that had basically become a ritual to the young alpha the last two days. Taehyung had stayed over, being forbidden to head home by the alpha hybrid who defended his statement by saying that Jin needed rest.

The alpha was drained; he had zero energy left from the exhausting nights of trying not to think dirty thoughts about his unclaimed mate.

Currently sipping on a mug filled with coffee, Jungkook almost jumped when Taehyung strolled into the kitchen, only wearing boxers. "Top of the morning to you," Taehyung joked, smiling at his failed attempt of an irish accent, but the smile never reached the werewolf sitting by the breakfast bar.

Jungkook was way too busy trying yet again to control his thoughts and the beta noticed. However, instead of making fun of him this time, the beta settled for just preparing the kettle for his upcoming cup of tea and quickly went back to the bedroom to get dressed.

Jungkook exhaled deeply.

The breathing stopped the minute the beta stepped foot into the kitchen and didn't start again before the fluff of Taehyungs morning hair was out of sight. The alpha was way too tense and he dreaded the upcoming day of lectures and spending time with the overly excited beta.

What had happened?

When did he become so tense around his soon to be mate?

They had known each other for so many years and Jungkook had imprinted on the beta a long time ago, but he was only now starting to feel the effects of it,

Why?

Jungkooks thoughts flew out the window when Tae returned, holding two different types of Jungkooks many hoodies. "Which one works best for me?" The beta asked, frantically wiggling the hoodies in front of the alpha. "Like, I know I look good in both, but I feel like maybe the grey one would bring out my shape more, but at the same time I really like the navy one," Taehyung whined, feeling indecisive.

Jungkooks head collided with the table in front of him, spilling some of his coffee. A huge grunt escaped the alpha when realising that this was gonna be one of the longest days in his life.