Chapter 45

"So, how are we gonna do this?" Yoongi asked, rubbing his hands together. Eager to get going. He felt that time was currently a luxury they couldn't afford and every minute counted in trying to find a way to track down the halfling, well, witch, mononoke, yokai.

Yoongi groaned upon thinking about what Jimin exactly was.

"He is a yokai, hyung" Hoseok confirmed, again reading the vampires mind and Yoongi huffed upon realising that he was basically an open book to Hoseok and the two werewolves. 

Jungkook and Taehyung had shifted back and were now dressed in causal clothes that Jin had brought for them. At least the omega was always prepared and Namjoon couldn't help himself but to think again about the fact that Jin would one day become a great parent.

The alpha hybrid effortlessly pulled his mate into a close hug, a hug that made Jin feel safe while he hummed comfortably. "Guys we're wasting time here," Taehyung whined, constantly thinking about the fact that his friend could be in immediate danger.

"What exactly are we dealing with here..." Jungkook leaned against the wall, still trying to process all the information he had been bombarded with for the last two hours.

Hoseok moved his fingers up, letting his chin relax on the knuckle of his left index finger, thinking. "Well, a Yokai is much like a demon, but has a whole load of more power to them. Basically more evilness. They're older than demons too and for a long time thought to be extinct, but apparently not..." Hoseok thought out loud.

Jin picked up where the demon hybrid stopped talking, filling them in on what Jimins mom had told him and Namjoon.

"They are shape shifters too, can practically make themselves into any type of creature if they know what it is. For Jimin, it was the witch, seeing as his mother is one, and half human as his father is." Namjoon picked up where Jin stopped. "For Jimin it was his only pick in order to disguise himself. He didn't know about any other creatures which is why he acted so amazed and fascinated when he met us,"

"But how do you explain the fairy then?" Hoseok grumbled, still trying to find the logic in the whole library incident. "I think that was an unconcious act by Jimin. I think it was a defence mechanism that the Yokai inside him automatically went with. Fairies are cunning creatures, very manipulative, which would have explained why Yoongi lost his control if Jimin really was a fairy" Jin answered.

"My eomma told me about the little pixies when I was young and how you could tell if a fairy actually was a fairy or if it was something else," Jin shuffled away from Namjoon, crouching down on the ground to rest his leg while he embraced himself against the cold wind.

"The butterfly. "Jin sniffed, "I had never seen it before and a fairy would have been born with it, they can't hide their sign as it is a warning to other creatures about what they are and what they are capable of."

"And on top of that, fairies doesn't exist anymore." Jin pointed out.

"I want proof of that! Cause apparently demons and fucking Yokais aren't supposed to exsist either, yet here we are!" Yoongi snarled, letting a growl escape his throat as he shot Hoseok a deadly look. "Don't make this about me, bloodsucker!" Hoseok spat back, eyes flashing red as he could feel the anger building up inside him.

"Why? If it wasn't for you being so fucking cold-hearted towards him, maybe we wouldn't even be in this mess!" Taehyung shouted. "Well, maybe you didn't need to befriend him in the first place!" Jungkook hissed and his beta shot him a death glare.

"Well, excuse me for being all nice and caring. Perhaps I should stop showing feelings then!" Taehyung shouted back and seconds later there were five people shouting profanities and curses at each other.

"Guys, guys... GUYS!! STOP!! Can't you see what he is doing to us?? He is making us go against each other. We're loosing our control!" Jin shouted and the whole area went quiet. They sighed in unison realising that none of this was technically anyones fault.

It had just been a series of unfortunate events. Happenings that needed to be stopped before they got out of hand.

He needed to be stopped.

"Wait, a minute... Jin hyung, what did you just say..." Jungkook exclaimed, shaking his finger in realisation and pointing it towards the omega "What? That we are going against each other?" "No, that we are loosing our control!" Jungkook spoke, looking towards the demon hybrid and seconds later it was like Hoseok had an epiphany.

"He's close!"

-

"Mom, mom relax. I'm ok... Yes, yes I promise you, mom I..." his eyes flashed pink, hiding his normal, dark blue eyes when his mom told him what had happened. His inner beast breaking through, causing the young halfling to disappear. He huffed upon listening to the womans constant whining.

It wanted to create chaos, do mischief and cause misery, something it had been denied for too long.

"Mom, why did you tell them...NO, they can't help, NO ONE CAN HELP!" The last part came out in the other voice and Jimin could literally feel how his own mother almost cowered away from it.

Her voice shaky.

"Jimin, baby please. Let them. Let him help you. I know that I shouldn't have but I had to read your mind, I had to know that my baby was safe..." Her tears fell, staining her beautiful pale cheeks while she clutched the phone harder, afraid that her son would be gone forever the minute she hung up.

"Let the vampire help you," she spoke with soft words before the line went dead.