Chapter 36

"Did you find it yet? Its old, probably dusty cause no one ever looks in it." Hoseok quickly skimmed through the shelves. His fingers grazing the bindings gently as he scrolled over the covers, looking for one book in particular while shouting at his werewolf friend.

Jungkook was on the opposite side of him, across the study tables that were noticeably placed in the centre of the room, quickly rushing through the shelves covered with all types of history. "I can't find it, hyung" Jungkook let out a frustrated sigh as he reached the end of the last shelf.

"Come and help me then. The book can hopefully give us some answers." Hoseok huffed "You know, it would actually help if I knew why you were looking for it and also how it looks like," the werewolf whined as he moved over to Hoseoks side

"It's just important ok?" the hybrid felt reluctant to answer.

"I'll tell you when I find it and figure it out, just help me look for it," he grunted, continuing to search through the shelves. "It's old and has a brown leather cover. It's a typical witches' book so it shouldn't be this hard to find,"

"Is it this one?" Jungkook asked, pulling out a big, old looking book that almost fell apart from his touch. Hoseok quickly moved over, reaching for it and grabbing it before the clumsy werewolf managed to drop it on the floor," Sorry," Jungkook mumbled, looking ashamed as he earned himself a scowl from the hybrid.

Hoseok moved over to the study table located in the middle. Sitting down he was just about to get comfy before he felt himself stiffen.

Fear.

He smelt fear and he looked over towards the werewolf, seeing Jungkook stiffen as well. A low growl escaped the alphas voice and Hoseok watched how his eyes turned red while he stared at the entrance door. "Mate," Jungkook hissed before disappearing out of the room, Hoseok quickly followed.

The alpha walked with rushed steps, letting his nose guide him towards the hormones his mate was giving off. Hoseok felt the air again, sensing a stronger type of the same emotion. He quickly confirmed that it came from not one, but several creatures and all from the same direction.

As they moved closer, the hybrid noticed how they were approaching the nurses office and he grabbed Jungkooks arm, causing the werewolf to halt his movements.

"What?" Jungkook snarled, feeling betrayed because Hoseok had stopped him from reaching his beta. Hoseok pointed towards the door, waiting and as Jungkook turned his head around he saw Taehyung exiting the room.

The wolf rushed forwards and the beta quickly felt the presence of Jungkook behind him as he turned around.

"Alpha," he greeted and Jungkook quickly embraced him in a loving hug, ignoring the looks Hoseok gave them. Taehyung felt stressed and nervous and Jungkook sensed how his beta was practically shaken. He was afraid causing Jungkook to squeeze the betas hand making Taehyung look at him.

The hybrid hanging back by the lockers was amazed at what he witnessed.

Jungkook blinked and the hybrid saw how his eyes started to vibrate, capturing Taehyungs gaze and quickly making him feel calmer. The alphas aura became visible, at least to the wizard and Hoseok watched in awe how the golden mist circled around before engulfing Taehyung.

The betas eyes turned emerald green and Hoseok heard how Taehyung exhaled deeply, evidently more relaxed. "Better?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung could only nod, laying his head on the alphas chest, humming in satisfaction.

As he spotted the hybrid looking at them, the beta quickly redeemed himself, jumping back to reality as if he had been in some kind of trance. "I need to show you something hyung," Taehyung stressed the words, running over to Hoseok and nudging him to follow, but the hybrid hesitated.

"What's wrong?" the beta asked confused, feeling how the wizard didn't want to follow him.

"I can't" Hoseok almost whispered, his voice strained. "I can't enter that room at the moment. There's something I need to figure out first." He took a step back, watching how the wolves looked at him with confusion.

Hoseok turned around, heading back towards the library and the pups hesitantly followed.

As he sat down he watched how Jungkook and Taehyung studied him, looking at him with curiosity. Hoseok sighed, an annoyed expression made its way onto his face before tapping the chairs on his sides, signalling the wolves to come and sit down.

He swiftly turned towards the beta, making his eyes glow dark purple before grabbing Taehyungs head.

The beta shrieked, terrified. Quickly moving his hands up and over Hoseoks, trying to pry the hybrids hands off. Jungkook was about to come to his rescue when Hoseok suddenly let go.

"Are you sure?" the wizard asked, wanting the thought confirmed. The wolf nodded his head, swallowing a large amount of nervousness before looking at the book in front of them.

"Extinct Creatures of Magic & Witchcraft"

Taehyung read before looking back at the hybrid. "Are you absolutely sure it was a butterfly?" Hoseok double checked and Taehyung nodded again as the wizard opened the book.