Chapter 41

Hoseok was on his feet the minute he recognised his demon.

The creature had already fixated on the halfling next to the wizard and they all felt how the tension in the room grew bigger.

The shadow snarled quickly hovering closer, which caused Yoongi to rush forwards placing himself in-between the creature in the mist and the duo located by the tables. The vampire extracted his claws, eyes turning red as he growled towards the demon who tilted his head with amusement.

Jimins eyes turned fully pink.

The dark blue completely gone from his orbs and the young man could feel how the power inside him coursed through his veins. He was scared, terrified actually because seeing the shadow in front of him meant that he was about to be exposed.

Jimin didn't want to be, he didn't want people to look differently at him, to think that he was the bad guy. Sometimes he was, but that was beyond Jimins control. Most of the time, he was just an ordinary boy, well... halfling that tried his very best to attend his lectures.

In the haze of nervousness and blinded by fear, Jimin shot a look towards the two werewolves. His eyes bore into the alpha causing Jungkook to turn around and meet his gaze.

Taehyung shrieked when his unclaimed mate suddenly fell to the ground, making a series of painful grunts and growls. Jungkook felt how his bones were breaking uncontrollably and the fact that he was changing without himself allowing it, scared him.

He was loosing control.

The alpha eyes were captured by Jimins vibrating, pink ones and he closed them in pain before feeling his inner beast taking over. His eyes flashed red, but what surprised most of the creatures in the room was that when he opened his eyes again, they were pink.

"Jungkookie?" Taehyung whispered, gently reaching an arm out to pet the ginormous animal that was now facing him.

The wolf displayed his canines, raising his lips to show the rest of his teeth and before he had a chance to lash out on his unclaimed mate, Yoongi swooped Taehyung away, barely dodging the massive wolf himself.

Jungkook collided with the bookshelves, causing most of them to fall over in a domino effect and books were scattered everywhere. He quickly regained balance, turned around and his pink eyes met with the vampires dark, red ones, a terrified beta hidden behind.

Jungkook walked slowly, eyeing his prey up and down trying to find a weak spot. As he went for it, Yoongi again manoeuvred away pushing Tae in front of him and over to Hoseok who grabbed the shaken up beta and placed him behind his back.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Yoongi shouted, extracting his fangs to prepare himself for another attack. The wolf rushed forward again, blinded by the rage that had consumed him and made him attack anyone the voice in his head told him to.

Right now, it was the vampire and Yoongi barely moved away before the massive paw hit his side. In the attack he managed to scratch Jungkook on the back and he physically had to cover his ears from the pained grunt that echoed throughout the room.

Taehyung watched in tears how his alpha kept attacking his hyung. The fact that he was going after Yoongi, after the history they had together terrified the beta. Those two were practically family.

His eyes shifted to Hoseok who was also watching the fight with fearful eyes.

Neither of them noticed the young man behind them standing up, moving silently with the book in his hand towards the exit of the library.

Jimin hated that he had to do it; it made him feel like the bad guy, which he intentionally didn't want to happen, but because of the thing that was inside him, it was unavoidable.

He needed a distraction and a furious werewolf attacking and accidently killing a vampire would make the news enough for him to lie silently in the shadows for a while.

He just wanted a fair chance at his new school, was that too much to ask?

Why did it have to be werewolves and vampires and pure-breds and strange mixed hybrids.

It made his inner want to come out.

A strong, undeniable force that craved for chaos, misery and mischief and Jimin had battled for so long to try and keep it hidden.

As he moved closer to the exit he felt another presence behind him, the demon evidently glaring daggers at him causing the young man to halt his movements. Jimin turned around, eyes still glowing pink and as he was met with Hoseoks demon, he fought the will to attack.

Hoseok himself and Taehyung were still fixated on the fight going on in front of them and Yoongi now had a bloody lip from Jungkooks massive paw, grazing his face.

"I know what you are..." The demon whispered, tilting his head and the shadow made a sinister grin, proud over the fact that he knew. "The vampire told me, he said I should say hi," he continued.

"You know they will find out..." he motioned his head towards the direction of the fight.  "You can't hide it forever, it's impossible..." he hinted, making Jimin take a couple of steps back, firmly clutching the book in his hands.

He was about to push the door open when he felt the cold shadow laying a faint hand on his shoulder. "We will catch up to you... We'll meet again soon" he grinned, but Jimins smirk made him surprised.

"I'm counting on it," the voice said.