~* 4 *~

"Did you found Ara?" Diego's voice echoed in Ella's office as she entered after finishing her meeting.

"What the f....?!" Ella stopped not completing the word as she stood by the door raged in anger.

"Just say it, Ella. You are almost there" Diego smirked that soon turn into laughter, knowing very well she doesn't like saying filthy words yet he enjoys irritating her that way.

"Shut up! What are you doing in my office?!" she walked in shooting daggers while trying not yell at him for entering her office, taking over her place and working on her computer.

"Nothing, just trying to check if you had found anything about Ara" he said casually leaning on the backrest.

"That's my computer! Do not touch it!" she exploded slamming her fist on the desk multiple times which did no effect on Diego.

"There's nothing in this box so, relax"

"Box?! That box gives me money alright!" she continued to barked without realising that she is hurting her fist by slamming on the desk again and again.

"Just shut up and sit"

Ella zipped her mouth, took a few deep breaths and sat on the seat in front of the desk while Diego remain seated on her place. She just finds this particular side of Diego completely rude and ruling which she hates the most.

"What do you want, Deigo?" she asked in a least interested manner.

"Checking if you have found Ara in your database and a secretary for me. You know its been a week since I asked you to do that and how difficult it is to concentrate on other works"

"So? You know the terms and conditions in JobLane when you request for recruitment. There are certain procedures to follow, it isn't foreign for you and you followed none" she wiggled an eyebrow and twitched a corner of her lips.

"Agh... alright. What about Ara?"

Breathing out a sharp breath, Ella spoke "There were only two Ara Agosti found on our database. One is at Bari and the other is at Catania. Far, very far from where we are"

"So, what if they are far?" Diego interrupted.

"Let me finish. I called both of them, neither of them are the Ara we are looking for. They both have parents and they are the Aras' biological parents. So, there is no way they are Demetrio's daughter." Ella leaned forward and rest her chin on her hand.

"Oh, yeah! You went to Lecco, to visit Demetrio's country house, right? What did you find there?" she asked after some time.

"Nothing much. Dust and cobwebs filled house and a burned barn that used to house livestock..." he trailed off.

As the time goes by Diego only felt helpless with no light to the dark tunnel he is heading to. "Am I searching in the wrong place or is the delay in time actually taking me to the right direction?" Diego's mind wavered. The only thing that holds a hope for him is to gather information from his father about the grey haired man once he is back from Rome.

Maybe his father might share some light to the darkness Diego is in.

Ella snapped at Diego bringing him out of his own world, "Where have you lost?"

"Nothing, just wondering where all these are leading us to. Anyway, I'll send you a formal proposal for secretary recruitment. Get it done soon once received" Diego ordered and was about to leave when Ella stopped him.

"Are you invited to the success party of Mr. Russo, next week?" she asked getting back to her seat.

"Who, Jake Russo? Yeah but I don't think I'll be going"