~* 38 *~

New Year's eve was an absolute chaotic day for Diego. Right from the beginning of the day to the end of it, none gave him a moment to relax except for the few minutes of welcoming the New Year.

The huge bed was the sole comfort he seek to end the day. Though the bed was soft, comfortable and readily welcoming him to retire for the night, sleep was far away to reach. It was an exhausting day, mentally and physically, his mind refused to relax as it kept playing the day's events much to his refusal. 

Tossing and turning, he finally fell into deep sleep. 

His eyes opened like two flashlight beams, abruptly. His room were bright enough announcing the arrival of the sun. He quickly sprang out of the bed and got ready for the day. 

He wish to catch her before she leaves. 

Last try, won't harm.

Within a record time of fifteen minutes, he was on his way to Ella's room. It's still early but he wouldn't be surprise if Ella was all packed ready to leave by the time he reaches her room. Diego quicken his steps to the other end of the house.

"Leaving already?" he gushed into her room.

Ella who was in the midway of packing her clothes, paused and stared at him for a good ten seconds before continue packing. 

"Do you Moretti brothers have no manners?" she chided, walking back to the closet and fetching more of her cloths. 

He simply shrugged and sat next to her luggage that laid on the bed. 

"So, you really going?" 

"hmm..." she replied.

"Can't change your mind?"

"'Nope"

Choice had been made and leaving the house was the best thing she could do for herself. Living as guest in a house for longer than needed could create unnecessary talks within the house itself and to not have such talks making rounds, Ella decided to leave for good.

For her self-respect, at least. 

Diego groaned and begin working on unloading her half loaded luggage. Quite frustrated that she had made up her mind. 

"What are you doing?" She came running back to the bed and stopped him.

"I don't want you to leave" he whined though he knew every well it was not going to work. 

"Stop whining" a smack landed on his hand, he dropped the load back into the luggage. 

After an hour, Ella finally packed her stuffs after he stopped unloading and loading her luggage contents. However, Diego remained seated at the same spot on the bed, unhappy. Hunched,chin resting on his fist with a sulking face. 

She sat across him studying him for a moment. 

'Why is he making it difficult? It's not that I'm leaving the country.'

Telling him about his father made sense to her. Not being selfish but just letting him know sounds better than him finding out himself.

Ella cleared her throat and wiped her sweaty palm on her denim jeans.

"Look, I'm going to tell you something and I don't want you to get furious. Alright?" he nodded in respond. 

"What I told you yesterday is one of the reasons I want to leave but there is another reason for which I'm leaving immediately."

"What is it? Does someone wants you to leave the house?" he asked with all his attention on her. 

Ella nodded lightly with hesitation.