~* 62 *~

•😬 Finally, I get to use this gif ☝️•

"Me and Demetrio..... 

We were good friends in the beginning but it all changed when he said his love to the woman I loved. The problem I had then was, I kept things to myself and never shared to anyone.

Every little issue that happened in my life, every feeling I felt was suppressed in me. But when it came to Ruffina, I couldn't suppress my feelings any longer. However, I controlled myself when I met your mother. I thought it would be a new beginning. But with Ruffina being around me because of Chandra, had only got my feeling deeper for Ruffina.

Not just that, Demetrio had always been outdoing me in every aspect. Be it education or sports  it was always him first, me second. He excelled in everything he did and I failed most of the time. Not just in school but in business as well. Everyone loved him.

And I began wondering if Ruffina was staying with Demetrio because he was good in everything. A successful and a wealthier man than me—"

"And you planned to killed Uncle D to get Aunt Ruffina but your plan backfired you. The fire you ordered to set in barn killed Aunt Ruffina instead. Am I, right, Dad?" Diego interjected with what he assumed could have taken place back then.

Bernardo was taken aback, how did Diego know about it but soon recovered from the shock. He nodded and passed a sad smirk.

"True. I wanted to get rid of Demetrio from Ruffina's life so, I can get her back. Looks like I was never fated to get her in my life.

She died instead of him" Bernardo exasperated, that he pulled the trigger and fired, emptying the bullets in it.

"So much love for Aunt Ruffina huh, dad? What about mom?" Thiyagu jested leaning against one of the many pillars in the courtyard.

Bernardo let the question pass.

"All about snatching the company, the assets, the property were just to divert. My sole purpose is to wash out the Agosti off the earth. For all that Demetrio got me suffered.

Whatever! Past is past. I don't want the Agostis to be alive. They had taken the life of my love. Demetrio was the sole reason for Ruffina's death and she..." Bernardo pointed at Ella who was seated leaning against a column.

"She saved herself but let her mother die in the barn. How selfish? Just like her father!" Bernardo marched to her and grabbed a fistful of her hair yanking her up on her feet.

"Dad, stop!" the brothers cautioned, reacting to their father's harsh handling as Ella struggled to move. Her scream was muffled by the cloth covered her mouth. They rushed to reach her.

"Stay where you are!" he held a hand out, stopping them from coming closer.

"Let her go, dad" Diego almost screamed.

"Did you think I brought her here to let her go? Seriously, Diego?" Bernardo pushed her to one of the men who stood behind him.

"You," Bernardo pointed to another man next to the one who held Ella. "Shoot her"

"Dad, no!!"

Before the Morettis could react to the command, a loud gunshot echoed through the ruined building. Diego shut his eyes tight while Thiyagu turned around the second the gunshot was heard.

A moment later, Bernardo bellowed "What the hell?" he looked around to find any intruders who shot his man. A second gunshot echoed, the man who held Ella let go of her as he fell on his back, lifeless. Diego hurriedly caught the falling Ella and silently thanked God for saving her as he looked up.