~*53*~

"Where do you think you are going?"came a voice from behind as Ella dashed down the stairs to the door. She was down earlier than usual and dressed up too. 

"Out. I'm just going to finish up some work in the office and complete my last day. Say good bye to my colleagues" she said flatly. 

"What?" he asked in confusion.

"I have already submitted my resignation letter two weeks ago. My reputation in the office has been tainted, thanks to you" she leaned against the wall behind her and crossed her arms over her chest.

"What did I do?"

"For house arresting me more often than the number of times I applied for leave!" she stared. 

"Oh... That explains... Okay, Carlo will go with you" he nodded and smiled sheepishly.   

"That he will, of course. I'm mad at you for making me resign my job. So, don't talk to me" she huffed and left the house slamming the door shut. 

Diego stood staring at the door as she left. It's not that he wanted to keep her in-house on purpose. It was a necessity safety measures he had considered taking after her multiple near death encounters. Crazy woman doesn't want to understand that he did it for her. 

But then, he felt bad. She had to resign the job she loved the most and it was because of him. Now how is he going to fix this, was another problem he intend to look into once the current issues get resolves. 

----

It was a hard departure as she took her office room one last glance before she left the building forever. The job had been very dear to her, she never thought there will be a day she will have to leave. However, at the current situation she is in, this was the best option she could think off. 

She had to leave with dignity before the company decided to throw her out. 

Ella rode the elevator to the ground floor and call a couple of numbers before she got into the car. "I need to talk. Can we meet in my apartment? I'll be there in ten minutes" 

She sat in the living room waiting while gazing at the letter she received on her birthday. Ella felt the same emotion gush into her as she read the letter again and again. Despite Thiyagu denying his involvement in the letter she received, Ella strongly believe it could be him. Each time they spoke about the letter, Thiyagu's demeanor changes in a split second that it will go unnoticed if no watches him. 

The door bell rang. 

"Thomas!" she greeted cheerfully and hugged him. "It's been so long since the last I saw you. I'm so sorry, I couldn't come to visit you. How are you now?" she asked letting Thomas walk in to the apartment. 

"I'm okay now but the doctor advised, I should take rest" he said taking a seat on one of her couch. "And don't worry about not visiting this old man. You have more than enough trouble hovering your head. So, brush it off, young lady" Thomas waved his hand in the air. 

"Trouble, it is. Where is Lazaro?" Ella inquired settling opposite Thomas. 

"He had gone to park the car. Will be here soon"

Ella nodded and waited. As much as she was involved in the search of Ara Agosti, both Thomas and Lazaro were equally involved as well. And letting them know about this new confusion to them might help her get more clarity. Three brains is better than one. 

Ella set two cups of coffee on the table for the men and grabbed another two for herself and Carlo. Involving Carlo wouldn't hurt she thought as he is there with her almost day in and day out, he should at least know whom is he trying to safe her from. Which even she doesn't know.