The Monster Within

27/10/2018

Edited @ 25/9/2019

Virgo's POV
"Mother." I said as I glared at the female in front of me. "What is it, Virgo?" She asked with a look of distaste as she spat those words out. I cringed; mother never calls me by my name before. "B*tch you seriously need to shut the f*ck up about me." I growled while holding onto my wand tightly. "Oh?~ Are you scared that all of your friends will find out what you are and abandon you?" Mother sneered, clearly enjoying this.

"Why don't you just admit it? Keeping a spell around us so that they can't hear anything, you really are pathetic. Look at them—" she looked over at the group of confused and stern faces, smiled and waved at them, "—they now know you kept something away from them! Hiding secrets from your dearest so-called 'friends'? Family maybe? How do you expect them to trust you now? Hm?"

Dammit. I clicked my tongue in frustration, unsure what to do. Mother trapped me to a corner. Again. Like always. I watched as mother twirled a knife in her hand gracefully before twirling it around her fingers and into a stabbing position, holding the handle tightly and firmly and put back into its knife bag by her hips. Putting a lot of consideration in my next move, I did what I think is the best course of action.

"Revertere." I sighed as I held my wand up high. The globe around us slowly faded away and it seems like everything seems to have reverted back to normal. "Virgo! Had she said anything—" Heze's exclamation was cut off as Mother stared at my wand in fake admiration. "My my, Sapphire Cara! I was wondering where it was all this time. I'd never could've guessed you are the one who had it." Her tone of voice was soft and sweet at first and slowly venom laced at the end, spitting out the remaining words. As she finished speaking, she pointed an accusing finger at me and.... my hand burns. With my hand throbbing with undefinable pain, I let go of my wand.

"A monster like you don't deserve such a treasure." Mother said as the wand flew to mother's hand like metal to a magnet. "The real wielder of this wand is—" "T-That's not true Ms Maiden!" Pisces called out, shuttering and shaking in fear. Mother flinched as she stared at Pisces who interrupted her. "V-Virgo is always so h-helpful, kind, considerate an—"

"Helpful, kind, considerate, her?!" Mother asked with a strained smile. "That was was an amazing joke you have there Pisces! I'd never know the Fishes family have a funny bone!" She laughed. Not just any laugh, but a hollow one. "That's not it!" "Don't make me laugh. Do you know what she have done?" Mother looked at me with a look of distaste. I can feel my body tensing up. What will she say now?

"She have done so many horrible things.
This monster is the one who killed her father."

......The worse possible thing I've ever done.

Cancer's POV
We all looked at Mrs Maiden, unsure how to react. Some of us are still processing the information into our brains while others have their mouth agape, but never said anything. "W-what do you mean?!" I found myself shouting out, "that's not true!" "Mister Page Maiden's death is caused by an unknown phenomenon, it is wrong to accuse your daughter for such thing." Capricorn said with his voice raised, ready to debate.

"......No..." Looking to my right, I saw Scorpio there with her hands over her mouth, tears began spilling out of her eyes. "No.... No. NO!
I refuse to believe such nonsense. It's wrong isn't it, Virgo?!" Scorpio asked shakily, turning her head at Virgo's direction wildly. "..." Virgo just looked down, not saying anything. Her eyes are twinkling in the gloomy light, her expression is indescribable. "Oi Virgo come on now!" Gemini laughed. Not your typical jolly laugh but a hollow, empty and soulless one.
"I'd never know you'd joke around with your mother!"