S I X T E E N

"I just need to lie down. Just fo-just for a minute." I assure Trisha and she nods before getting in the bed next to me and cuddling up next to my side. "Then-then we're gonna dance some more!" I say in an excited tone even though I felt like I was going to shore up my stomach through my butthole.

"Hell Yeah!"

Knock knock.

Trisha giggles wildly and clears her throat to try and sound less drunk. "Who is it?" She says in a very weird type of accent I couldn't pin down. 

"It's me." David's voice replies and he pushes the door open, followed by Jason. "What the hell are you doing in here?" I questions and throws his hands in the air out of anger.

"I didn't know you'd be angry." I pull the sheets over my chin and Jason kneels beside trisha, taking her hand in his.

"Baby, are you okay?" She nods with a grin and peppers his face in kisses.

"I'm great! But Layla doesn't feel good so I brought her here to lie down for a minute. I thought it'd be okay, David. I'm sorry." He nods in response and grasps Trisha's hand in his, making his way to the door. "I'll see you in a little bit, get some!" She yells and pulls the door closed.

The room is encased in darkness and if I didn't know that David was in the room I would have thought I was alone. I wasn't scared or worried I just felt a little awkward. And maybe I shouldn't have invaded his space and let Trisha bring me into his old room. But I would have laid down right on the dance floor i felt so sick.

"Are you angry?" I question quietly and hear him pacing the floor in front of the bed.

"Why do you think you can talk to random guys?" He questions and I furrow my eyebrows.

"You're that territorial? You fucking hypocrite. How many time have we had this conversation? You brought a random girl into our house, while Maria was there, and fucked her!" I pinch the bridge of my nose. The more I yelled the more everything spun and the more I wanted to throw up. And that made me even angrier. I wanted to punch David in his face for being such a jealous asshole.

But it sort of is on me for not letting him talk about how he feelings the other night and I so rudely cutting him off. "Well, tonight it isn't about me. I'm trying to protect you." He assures me and I feel the bed dip beside me, meaning he's sat next to me even though I couldn't see him.

"From what? Having a good time with Trisha?" He sighs loudly and I lay back on the bed.

"No-from guys you don't know." By his tone of voice I can tell he's becoming more and more agitated with me and my uncooperativeness.

"I just wanna get laid, David." I admit without realizing it and run my eyes with the palms of my hands.

"If you want that, then you can ask me." I shake my head quickly even though he can't see it and hold out my hands.

"No, I can't. Because I work for you. And you're my boss, and we're raising a baby together. David, I'm really drunk." I begin to get slightly upset and the pitch of my voice raises.

I couldn't tell if it was because the thought of me and David together didn't completely repulse me or because everything told me not to listen to him. The alcohol is in control right now and all I wanted to do was be sober so me and David can have a normal sober conversation.

"Why don't you get some sleep, we can talk tomorrow." I nod quickly and a few sobs leave my body. I don't know why I'm crying but I can't stop it. I felt my eyelashes detaching as the tears run from my eyes and ugly noises left my mouth. "Why are you crying?" He chuckles and I sit up beside him.

"I-I'm not sure." I admit. My head feels like the heaviest thing on the planet, so my best option seems to be resting it against David's back. It turns out to be a very good idea because his back was probably the warmest thing on the planet. "You're so warm." I close my eyes and relax my body against his back, taking in every bit of warmth he had to spare.

A few minutes of silence passes and i focus on Davids heartbeat and breathing. The two seemed to sooth me massively and make me feel not so alone. "I'm sorry." I say quickly and he shakes his head.

"I shouldn't have reacted any way that I did. It's not fair to you if I keep you from getting laid because I won't like seeing you with someone else." He says and chuckles. "I just love watching you raise my child and when I think things like you two being the only things I want in my life forever I don't know how to react. I needed time to think it over." I place a hand on his back and nod slowly, taking in every single word.

"I don't want to be with anyone else." I say quietly. "I don't see the point. Don't bring anymore women into our house. Please."

"I won't."

I lay back on the pillow and he lays beside me, staring at the ceiling like me. It all seemed too much for drunk me to process and I wasn't even sure that I'd remember it in the morning. Hopefully I didn't, This was a conversation that we desperately needed to have but I'm not sure if I'm ready.

-

I'll edit the tomorrow lol gn.