F O U R T Y O N E

"I'm so sorry, i didn't mean to ruin the party." scotty sits beside me on the side of me and david's bed as i sit with my chin resting on my palm.

"It's alright." i offer him a smile and turn back to stare out the window that overlooks some of the mountains. "Is what she said true?" i question quickly.

He places a hand around my shoulder and pulls me to his side where he kisses my cheek before letting my head rest on his shoulder. "Yes, and i'm not scared to say it anymore." i bite the inside of my lip, hoping he'll continue. "It wasn't you at first, now it is. I can't help but think about you all the time. i'm worried about you and i'm worried about what's going to happen to you. But david is my bestfriend and you are so important to me, i would never act on these feelings. it's insane, how i feel about you. But you belong with him and i've come to terms with it." i nod slowly and breathe out quickly before sitting up.

When i turn to the doorway my father stands with maria held in his arms sleeping peacefully. he looks like he's struggling to hold her so i urge him towards us. scotty pats my shoulder before exiting the room.

"hey," he smiles down at me and hands the sleeping child to me.

"hi, dad. how do you feel?" i lift an eyebrow.

"the real question is how do you feel?" he sits next to me slowly, looking like he's in pain. "that's a stressful situation to put yourself in, and we all know what happened last time you were this stressed."

"i'm not stressed, dad." i hold maria to my chest and pat her back gently. "when i saw you guys, they didnt matter to me. you came here to see me and my family and that means so much. i know it must have been hard to come here." he shrugs his shoulders and waves it off.

"i'm happy you have david." he sighs deeply. "i'm happy that when i'm gone he'll be here to give you everything i've ever wanted to." i see his eyes begin to water as he looks around us. "it's crazy that you're here now. and you found someone who's going to treat you right. and love you." he wraps a shaky arm around my shoulder and smiles widely.

"you did everything you could, and we were just fine. i wouldn't change anything that's happened in the past." i assure him.

"i shouldn't have put so much on your shoulders, and it's one of my biggest regrets. i shouldn't have forced you to grow up that quickly. and i hate myself for that." i shake my head quickly and look down at maria. "i couldn't be more thankful for david and everything he's done. he's the reason i'm here right now and the reason that i might be around to see my grandchild. and watching maria grow has been a blessing to all of us."

"hey, don't start crying you old fart." i turn to see david standing in the doorway of the bedroom. "if you cry, she's gonna cry. and then i'm gonna cry." he makes his way to the side of the bed and stands beside me. "Layla has made me the happiest man alive, sir. she's given me the greatest gift of all, she's given my daughter a mother. and now she's going to give me another baby." his hand rests on my growing stomach and i smile up at him, an overwhelming amount of happiness settling with me. "i promise you, as long as i live your family will be taken care of." my father begins sobbing, his shoulders shaking.

"thank you, david." he stands and pulls him into a tight hug. "for everything."

-

"so," i begin and sit beside ana on the couch in my parents house. "how do you feel?"

"i feel.." she trails off and pulls her sweat shirt tighter around her body. "i feel okay." she nods and turns to face me. "i haven't felt okay in a really long time. but, i think that everything will be fine." i lift an eyebrow, silently asking her to continue. "i've come to terms with everything. it was just too much before. and i was jealous of you, i've always been." she shrugs. "you didn't even like david, now you two are in love. and you have a beautiful growing family. and you take these expensive trips and enjoy yourself and i'm here with mom and dad. and i'm watching dad drift away." she wipes a stray tear. "i'm watching him die in front of me. i thought it wasn't fair that you didn't have to as well." i place a hand on her shoulder and sigh deeply.

"i know, and it's sorry. working for david took up all of my time, and i was selfish. i'm sorry. me and david, we're here now. both of us." i look into the dining room where my mother, father, david and maria sit. my father holds a giggling maria and david listens intently to whatever it is that my mother is saying.

-

ok hIII. I'm sorry i haven't updated in so long, but i'm tryna get back into it. i'm going to be starting the revision of this story very soon, i only suspect a few more chapters of this book. but, i'm feeling better than before and i plan to get back into the whole writing thing very soon. i have so many ideas for so many books and i can't wait to share all of them with you guy. i absolutely love this book with everything in me and i can't wait for you guys to see the revised version. this was 100% a filler chapter so don't be too mad at me. but, baby layla should be coming soon :).

ALSO I SAW THE DAVID TRIES TEN THINGS HES NEVER DONE BEFORE AND DID U GUYS SEE HOW GENTLE HE WAS WITH THE BABY??????? iM CRYING THINKING ABOUT IT I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. thank you for attending my ted talk.

THIS IS MAJORLY UNEDITED PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME.