T W E N T Y F O U R

"I'm sorry, David." I tighten my grip around the mug that rests between my hands and glance at David. He kneels in front of me, his hand resting on my knee comfortingly. "I shouldn't have assumed you'd pay for it, I know how expensive that stuff is. You don't need to do it." I shake my head slowly and look back down at the mug.

The small Santa head molded into the mug gives me a slightly christmasy feel, even though Christmas is two and a half months away. But the thought of Christmas makes me upset and my heart is squeezed at the thought of losing my father possibly before then. Before me and Maria and David can spend an actual Christmas with him and make his dream of having a happy family and a grandchild come true. More tears leave my eyes and let out a soft sob at the thought.

"Honey," David's face scrunches up and his hand smoothes the side of my hair. "Please don't cry anymore, I hate seeing you like this." I look up to him slowly and before I know what I'm doing my arms are slung around his shoulder and in full on sobbing once more. "I wish I could take all of your pain away."

In the time I've been with David and Maria I've completely neglected making time for my family. I didn't spend time with them like I should have. I constantly put them to the side and that was wrong of me. I'm blessed to be with David who's so incredibly understanding of the fact that I want to be around my family but I took it for granted.

My father is my favorite parent. Since I was younger we've spent a massive amount of time together and he dealt with me most of the time. I never really thought about what it would be like to live without him around but I knew that someday it would happen.

"I'm so sorry you're hurting." David's words meet my ears and he holds me tightly. And in this instant I hope I'm never without him again.

Pulling away quickly I wipe my eyes and nod slowly. "It's okay, it's fine." I rub my nose on my hand, an extremely disgusting action, but David doesn't seem to mind. "I-I'll stop crying now." He nods and returns to his place kneeled before me. One of his hands grips my thigh and the other fumbles with the throw blanket draped over my legs.

"Can I just ask you something completely wild and out of place?" I furrow my eyebrows and tilt my head slowly. "I know your family has never really been stable, let me give your father the best last few months of his life. I want you and your family and our baby to have had these moments with him, you're me and Maria's family now. And I want to make you the happiest girl on the planet." I smile at him and press a gentle kiss to his lips. We stay like that for a moment and it seems to express every emotion and feeling I want him to know I have for him.

-

"Hey, princess." I lift Maria into my arms and she whines quietly as I pull her from my fathers arms. "Hi, dad." I grin at him and he smiles up at me, his mood seeming to be much better than it was yesterday.

"Hi, mi love." He grips my hand and smiles at David who stands behind me with a smile. "I get to go home tomorrow, I'm starting treatment next week." His smile falls slightly and I a single tear leaves his eyes as he looks at David. "Thank you so much for giving me these last few months with my girls. I dont know what this family did to deserve a blessing as wonderful as you and your daughter." My heart is overjoyed at the words my father gives to David, my two favorite men.

"Dad," I begin and settle beside him in the bed. "David's vacation time is coming up in a few days, and we-" Ana stands from her seat and crosses her arms over her chest.

"No it's not. He has four more scheduled shows before Christmas." I give her a harsh look and mouth to her to shut the hell up. "I know this stuff, you know I stan him right?" She turns to David and he stands beside me with a small smile on his face. "You know I stan you, right?" He nods with a grin and she takes her seat beside my mother who watches me and David closely.

"What are you saying?" She furrows her eyebrows in confusion and I sigh deeply.

"We're going taking the girls to Disney land and dads gonna drive a Lamborghini and you two are going to be a happy couple and we're going to be a happy family." I get out and everyone stares at me in disbelief.

"Princess, we can't keep taking David's money." My father grips my hand with a smile on his face. "He's done enough already." He glances at David and David shakes his head with a smile.

"Lay is a part of my family now, and I want her to be happy. You guys are family now, and I want you to be happy." I can't help but give David the most adoring look and pull him too my side. He smiles down at me and presses a kiss to the side of my head, then one to Maria's with a grin and takes her from my arms.

I use this time to climb onto the bed beside my father and rest in his arms. "I don't know what I did to deserve you, princess. I'm blessed beyond words and I will never be able to fully express how much I love you." I let the tears fall from my eyes and I smile widely at my father.

The color seems to have returned slightly to his face and he looks better than he did yesterday. The night they had with Maria clearly lifted everyone's mood, I even catch Ana staring at her adoringly and pressing small kisses to her forehead.

If you would have told me that I'd be falling insanely hard for David Dobrik I would have told you that you're insane. You couldn't have told me that I'd have the most perfect baby in the universe as my own. I would have laughed in your face.

At no point did I want to be a mother, until o met David and Maria. I only want to be Maria's mother and I only want to be the mother of David's daughter. The two have my heart now and forever.

-

Hi. I've been extremely busy for the past week or so so this update is lame, sorry. Just a lot on my mind right now but I'll try extra hard next chapter. :)