T W E N T Y F I V E

"Hey, honey!" David shouts from his bathroom and pulls my attention away from Maria. She holds two little makeup brushes and is waving them around with a bright smile, resulting in possibly the cutest video you'll ever see in your entire life

"Yeah?" I reply and begin making my way to the bathroom, shoving the door open and entering the room. David stands in the shower so I pass a few moments by throwing my hair into a bun.

He's been extremely grouchy for the past few days due to being swamped with work in order to make the trip possible. Natalie has been staying in the guest room because David almost never stops working. In the past four days I think we've hugged three times. But I refuse to be that girl and get angry about it. Now that he's taking a break to spend a little time with me and Maria I've been gushing all day waiting. I missed him more than I want to admit.

A few moments pass and the water turns off. I try my hardest to not get nervous, but I cant help it. Me and David haven't done it yet and I'm okay with that. We're not officially together either and I have no problem with taking it slow. I want to do it the right way.

In the massive mirror I see him step out of the shower with a towel around his waist and watch him with a raised eyebrow as he makes his way towards me with a bright smile. "I missed you, you know." He wraps his arms around my waist and presses gentle kisses to my neck. "I'm so stressed." He mumbles. "I'm so tired."

"You do know I live with you, right, I'm literally 2 rooms away." I chuckle and wrap my arms around him tightly, finally glad to be near him again.

"Too far." He shakes his head slowly. "Stay with me." He pulls away from my neck and gives me a pleading look. "Please, Layla."

As much as I wanted to I think that it's best if we wait until were officially together. I don't want to feel like I'm being rushed into anything. Everything is happening quickly now and I want to enjoy every second of it.

"Put on some clothes, okay?" I offer him a smile and make my way through the open door and take my place on the bed again.

Maria turns her attention from waving my phone around to me and her small hands reach for my face as she giggles loudly and lets out some gurgles.

"Mamas girl, yes you are." I grin and lift her into my arms, holding her tightly as I lay my head back on the pillows resting against the headboard.

David exits the bathroom is some sweatpants and a sweatshirt, a smile etched on his face as he makes his way across the room and places himself next to me on the bed, his eyes shutting almost immediately.

"Come on, we've been waiting four days for you to give us some attention, daddy." I press my cheek to Maria's and frown, one of David's eyes popping open immediately.

"My honeys," he reaches for Maria and smiles. "Daddy missed you so much." He lays her next to him and she seems to be excited to finally be near David too. She gets whiny if they're apart too long and now I know how she feels. It must have hurt her to only see him a few times the past few days. "I think about you all the time, my love." He smiles down at her and her bright eyes don't leave his face for a second, neither does the smile. "Even when you don't see me, you're the only thing I can think about. Everything I do is for you princess." I watch with a wide smile as the interaction plays out in front of me. "And you, baby." He grins and opens his arms for me to lay in, which I accept gladly. "Sorry I've been so angry, it's me and you and your family now. I promise."

-

"How's David?" Scotty asks and pulls my chair out for me, which I take with a smile and sip my coffee while he takes the seat beside me.

"Right now he's with Maria and Ana at the movies. He's a little angry with me because he wanted to come too, but I haven't had a break from the baby in four days, I need to sort of relax, you know?" He nods in acknowledgement and sighs deeply, his head falling back. "How's Kristen?" I question and lift an eyebrow.

"Uh, she's good. We're okay, I guess." He shrugs the question off and I roll my eyes.

"You can talk to me, I'm here for you dude." I turn away from him and unlock my phone, a text from David that includes a picture of him and my girls at the theatre taking my attention away from Scotty.

My reply is tons of different heart emojis, the picture making me extremely happy. The smile on Anas face is one I haven't seen since we found out about dad. But I knew a day with David would cheer her up a little.

"I think I found someone else." I almost choke on the bit of my coffee i have in my mouth and my eyes widen at him.

"What?" I stammer.

"I think I'm in love with someone else." He crosses his arms over his chest.

My mind is clouded with Kristen and how heart broken she'll be. It doesn't seem possible that they'd ever leave each other. Not after finally working through the last problems they had.

"Scotty.." I trail off awkwardly. "Are you sure?"

"Yes.." he pauses. "No. I don't know. I feel like I'm being tied down by Kristen but I know that I'm not and that she's going to hate me. She's been so understanding about everything. I don't know want her to find out and-I just... i don't know anymore." I set my phone on the table in front of me and rest my head on my palm.

"I support whatever you want Scotty. I really do. I just want you to be happy, but make sure to think about Kristen too. Her feelings." He nods slowly and begins biting his nails before sighing deeply and turning his attention to me.

"David told me he was gonna ask you to stay with him. What did you say?" I shrug and take a sip of my coffee.

"I don't wanna seem easy. I mean- we already kiss and do couple things but we're not an actual couple. I feel like we're getting there but I dont know. He's been working so much I've been trying to use the time to sort through my feelings." He nods slowly and takes in every word.

"That makes sense. Well, he doesn't want you to rush into anything either. He's worried that he's moving too fast. Girls usually throw themselves at him and he's trying to appreciate the time he has with you." He offers me smile and I nod.

"I haven't been in a relationship for three years, I don't know what I'm doing." I shove my palms into my eyes to try and rub away the stress and the sadness that comes with the topic. He places a hand on my back comfortingly and looks over at me with a smile.

"David would wait for you forever, you have nothing to worry about."

-

I have no idea where this story is going so we can all be surprised together hahah. Sorry for the late update, I've been going through a few things recently. It's cooool tho, we liveeee.