T W E N T Y T W O

By the time the others reach me in the bar I've taken a few shots and I'm just waiting for it to kick in. The car ride was impossible and I just want to have a fun night.

David appears behind my seat and slides his arms around my waist. "Are you okay?" He questions quietly in my ear while the others get their drinks.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I question and take another shot quickly, setting the empty glass back down on the counter upside down.

"You were acting weird." He mumbles and hands the man at the bar the money for the shots I've been taking. "But if you say so." He takes the seat beside me and orders a soda, pulling his phone out and giving it his entire attention.

I sit with my head leaned back against the chair for a moment and tap my fingers on the counter waiting for the alcohol to kick in, which takes longer than i thought it would.

"I'll be back. I need to talk to Natalie." David says before rushing out of the bar. I ignore it though, not really caring what David does as the alcohol finally snakes it's way through my system.

"Hey," Trisha appears beside me and seems to be way less focused on the massive hickies David left on my skin earlier. "Sorry if I made you feel awkward, it's just so hard to believe that you guys are finally together. I love it, I love this, and I love these bad boys." She moves my hair quickly and points to the marks on my neck. "These.. you guys did some shit while you were in that bathroom." She laughs and grabs my wrist, not giving me time to even mention anything about what she said. "Enough talk, lets dance!" She smiles widely, causing an equally as bright smile to appear on my face as well.

As the alcohol gets further into my system I dance a little faster and to the beat. The music makes me move my body in just about every single way possible and before I know it almost everyone in the club is staring at me.

I tune everything except myself out and do a few dance moves I saw on some random show when some girl went dancing. It consisted of mostly moving my ass, which I don't have much of, but this dress makes it seem the other way.

Not much time passes for me to enjoy myself because a pair of firm hands are placed on my hips. Thinking it's David finally off of the phone I remain facing away from him and doing a dance.

"Woah, sorry, you need to go." I hear David's stern voice and I turn quickly to find a dark skinned dude behind me looking as innocent as ever. His teeth are bright white and his jawline is extremely impressive. But no matter how hard I try I don't find a single thing I like on him better than anything on David.

"Wait, What?" I look between the two in confusion. "You weren't...." I trail off awkwardly and David slides a firm hand around my waist holding me closely to him. He doesn't seem mad, but he has no reason to be. How was I supposed to know it wasn't him?

"Yeah, I wasn't." He stares the man down and eventually the man breaks out in fits of laughter.

"Just trying to have a good time with a pretty girl, bro. I'm sure you're trying to do the same." David lifts an eyebrow and his grip on me tightens.

"Have a good time with your own girl, not mine." He hisses and turns, pulling me away from the scene. "You need to start paying more attention to what you're doing." David sits me in a booth in a dark corner and slides in next to me. I can see Trisha looking for us but she probably has no idea where we are.

"Sorry, I'm drunk." I lean my head on his shoulder and cuddle into his side. "Let's do some more shots, baby." I press a gentle kiss to his neck.

"You don't need anymore to drink, love." He leans his head against mine and we sit in a comfortable silence for the next few minutes.

"I miss the baby." I mumble. She's been in the back of my mind all night and I feel horrible that I haven't been around her as much as I'd like.

"We can leave whenever. If you still want to drink you can, I just want you to sober up a little so you don't get sick." His hand smooths the side of my hair down and I find myself staring into his eyes. They sparkle slightly as he stares at me with admiration and suddenly a wave of emotion hits me and I'm straddling David in the unlit corner pressing my lips to his.

David is clearly shocked but his lips move against my and they seem to fit together perfectly. The feeling is something I've never quite felt while kissing someone and the butterflies in my stomach don't go unnoticed as my fists grip his sweatshirt tightly and my hips move against his gently. "Baby," he groans and lifts me off of him slightly. "You can't do all that right here." I nod and while quietly, pressing a few quick kisses to his lips before hopping off of his lap and throwing my arms around his torso.

"Let's go home." I look up at him and he nods before leaving the booth to talk to the others and returning with my clutch.

The walk to the car is slightly cold and David forces me to wear his sweater which looks completely off on top of the dress and nearly reaches the bottom of the dress on my small frame.

The ride home seems so much longer and I nearly run into the hotel and up to our room. The alcohol hasn't completely wore off yet so the action proves to be difficult but it's completely worth it when I see Maria's small hands reaching for me and her gentle cry rings out.

My heart flutters as I lift her into my arms, informing the fact that David's friends are staring at me like I'm insane. I rock her gently in my arms as she fusses as David shows his friends out of the room.

Without wasting another second I shove the shoes off of my feet and climb under the massive comforter, a very sleepy Maria in my arms as my eyes close slowly. At some point I feel the bed dip beside me and David's presence is made known as he pulls me into his arms and I fall into a deep sleep.

-

Kinda still have writers block but it's like early in the morning but hey I mean it'll pass.