T H I R T Y E I G H T

"Come on, baby." David motions into my parents house and I tap my foot anxiously. "Hey, it'll be fine." He promises.

"Hello, beautiful." My father greets from the couch when David finally forces me into the house. "What's up?" He questions and pulls Maria into his arms, placing kisses all over her adorable chubby cheeks.

"We didn't expect you to come until later." My mother enters the room with Ana trailing behind her. But it's not Ana. Her eyes are swollen and her hair is a tangle of knots and she's bloated. She looks like she hasn't left her room in months, and she might not have. I haven't seen her since the day David cheated. She's ignored my calls and mom said she was too sick to go to the pregnancy announcement.

"Oh my- what's wrong with you?" I question and place a finger under her chin, inspecting her face. She looks as if she hasn't slept in weeks.

"Nothing." She hisses. "What do you want?"

"Well," I clear my throat And looks between the three sitting before me, a hand resting on my stomach. "You guys know that I'm pregnant. But it's not David's. I had a fling and this is how it ended up. But dav-"

"What the fuck?" Ana says and stands quickly, the look on her face is pure disgust. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Ana!" My mother stands beside her.

"This is what you do. You mess things up. You came into David's life and you fucked it up. You made him pay for dads treatment and now he's suffering! We sit here and watch him die before us and you go on vacation in Hawaii. Now you're pregnant and you're gonna make everything all about you. You're a selfish bitch and a slut." Before I can comprehend what I'm doing my hand moves across her face. Tears stream from my eyes and she holds a hand to her cheek with a hard look on her face. Then she exits the room silently and closes her door.

"Honey.." my mother begins. But I just stare at my hands. She had no right to talk to me like that, but I had no right to hurt her physically. She's clearly extremely depressed and im supposed to be the one she goes to for advice.

"She's wrong, Layla." My mother shakes her head slowly. "We're grateful for everything you do and we know you're giving up a lot too." Her eyes shift from me to David. "And you. We're so thankful for you. And taking in Layla's kid as your own- that's more that we could ever ask of you."

I feel his arms wrap around me but I'm frozen in my place. Ana's words hit me like a hot knife. My heart aches. "Layla is my world now, her and the kids are my priority." He sighs deeply and pulls me into his arms. The tears stream freely from my eyes and I silently cry into his shirt. After placing a kiss on my forehead he lets out a deep sigh. "I love you Layla."

-

Another week passes and I spend most of my time in my room with Maria. David's schedule demands he be out most of the day since he spent an entire months helping me feel not so shitty. I feel myself slipping into a depression with everything going on around me. The only lights I see in my life being Maria and David. And I feel better when I'm with them. But they can't be with me all the time.

My mood effects David's more than I probably know, and it's throwing him as well. I can see how worried he is about the same stuff I am. How upset he is. But he's hiding it, for my sake.

"Hey," David enters my bedroom with a box in his arms. He begins placing the folded pieces of clothing in the box to move me from my room to his, it's about time we finally did that. I hardly sleep anymore, but when I'm with David I know have a slight chance.

"Hey." I smile back and cross my legs underneath me. "Back so soon?" I motion to the alarm clock on the bedside table which shows that it's only 7, hes been coming home late the past few days.

"I missed you." He leans over and places a kiss on my forehead. "How was your day?" He questions and continues to fold my clothes and place them in the box as I fall back on to the bed.

"It was," I trail off "interesting." I chuckle. "Maria threw up all over herself, and then all over me. Then we had a bath, and she dumped out all of the bubble bath, which resulted in a very fun time for the both of us." I lift an eyebrow and pull out the pictures on my phone of Maria covered in bubbles giggling so hard she almost can't breathe. "She makes me
Feel better. But no matter the amount of bubble I can't shake the feeling that I'm letting Ana down. It's been on my mind all day. I'm not a shitty sister am I?" I question.

"No, you're not. If you want to blame someone you should blame me. I tore you from them and I messed up which made you want to sleep with Riley, which is why you're pregnant. But it's nothing to feel bad about. I get to relive the best few months of my life raising Maria, but I get to do it with you and this new baby. And I love you so so much, Layla." He smiles widely. "Send me those pictures." He adds with a chuckle.

"I love you too, idiot." I shake my head and let a smile rest of my face.

There's a knock on the door and at the same time I receive multiple texts. My face pales as my eyes scan the screen and Natalie and Scotty enter the room in a rush. Scotty's voice shakes slightly as he takes the seat beside me. "Riley has no idea what he's just done."

-

100k FUCKING READS that's INSANE!!!!!!!!! I'm sobBING I love you guys and this book so so so much and I didn't think it'd gain popularity so quickly.

I couldn't ask for a better bunch of readers. I wanted to upload bc this special occasion you knowww. But I just got my nails done and sis these boys are LONG. Literally everything is 10 times harder with these, especially writing. I wrote this on my phone so sorry if it's extra bad, I'm incapable of typing on my laptop and I'm fucking illiterate. 100K READS WHAT THE FUCK

Thank u