T H I R T Y T W O

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Trisha questions and glances at Scotty quickly before turning her attention back to me. "David can wait longer. You don't need to rush into anything just because you forgive him." scotty nods in agreement as i finish placing the lipgloss on my lips.

"Whatever you're comfortable with." Scotty smiles at me. The support oozing off of my two best friends causing a smile to make its way to my face as i begin pulling on my high heels.

"Really, it's fine. Its just one date. I think i can handle it." I let out a deep breath and pull the strap around my ankle to secure the shoe in place. Trisha and Scotty insisted on a pair with straps incase i get too drunk.

"You seem nervous." Scotty tilts his head slightly. "Don't be nervous, you're great." I grin over at him and nod quickly, pulling him into my arms and taking the seat beside Trisha on my bed.

"You guys sure you can handle Maria tonight? I want half hourly updates and pictures. Tons of pictures!" i feel the smile leave my face slightly as i glance at the portable baby bed beside mine and my heart squeezes at the thought of not seeing her almost all day. "I don't feel right leaving her anymore. This whole getting attached thing is completely real. Is it too much? I mean, i've only been here what a few months?" i turn my head slightly to glance quickly at the two who give me sympathetic looks.

"Honey, David and Maria didn't just need you." scotty places a hand on my shoulder with a smile. "You needed them too. It's okay to admit that." I nod.

Before i met David i was almost getting myself into the familiar depressed state i find myself in every few months. Bored out of my mind, broke, raising my sister and dealing with my parents life as they work for minimum wage. It was a disgusting routine that ruined my childhood from the age of 7.

But when i met David it was like i could give back in more ways than one. I'm raising Maria, giving her a mother. Davids given them their dream house and paying for the hospital bills. Sometimes i think it's all much. But then i think about what i'd do for Maria and what'd David would do for me. It's not really a job anymore, we're together as a family now.

"Everyone is happy you're here. You've given me and scotty the best friend we could ever have, everyone loves to see you get drunk and act crazy. And we couldn't be more thankful Maria has a mother. We all know she deserves one." Trisha finishes and pulls me into a tight hug.

I'm about to burst into ugly tears when there's a knock on the door. "Honey, your chariot awaits!" Davids melodic voice is heard from the other side of the door.

i make my way to it quickly and open it to find David wearing a button down shirt and his classic black pants-but of course he makes it look amazing.

Maria sits in his arms reaching for me with bright eyes. "Hi baby." I pulls her into my arms and place a kiss on her cheek. "I missed you." her gurgles tell me the same thing.

"I can never find enough words to tell you how truly beautiful you are." David remains in the doorway and tilts his head slightly as he watches me hand Maria to Trisha.

"You're sweet." i lift an eyebrow.

"You're sure that's the makeup you wanna go with tonight?" he questions and i make my way to the bathroom, inspecting my makeup quickly. I spend an hour and a half making myself look flawless, i can't see anything wrong with it.

"What do you mean?" i shout.

"Lip gloss." he appears in the doorway of the bathroom with his hands in his pocket. "I can't ruin your lip gloss." he shrugs with a sad look.

"Really?" i lean against the counter and cross my arms over my chest, my clutch held tightly in my hand. "I'm sure if you want to kiss me bad enough then you won't let my lip gloss get in the way."