T W E N T Y O N E

I sigh deeply and reach my hand behind me once more, finding that the zipper of the tight black dress is still out of my reach. "Trisha!" I shout, hoping she closer to the door than anyone else.

It opens in an instant and she holds a beer in her hand, grinning over at me. "Yes?" She lifts an eyebrow.

"Can you zip this for me?" I question and motion behind me. "I can't reach it." She laughs loudly before calling for David and closing the door behind her. But it didn't surprise me, her and Scotty have been forcing us into awkward situations all day.

"Yes, love?" David asks and closes the door behind him. I cross my arms as he shuts the door gently before turning to face me and freezing in his spot. "You looks stunning." He motions to the skillfully done makeup on my face and the dress and pumps that make my legs appear ten times longer than they are. "How am I the luckiest guy in the world?" He lifts an eyebrow and makes his way to me.

"Where's my lecture on the dress being too tight, dad?" I roll my eyes as he steps behind me and pulls the zipper up, his thumb gently grazing my back as he does causing goosebumps to erupt all over my skin. 

"They can look all they want, but I'm the only one unzipping this dress tonight." He assures me and slowly turns me to face him.

"Cocky, are we?" I tilt my head to the side and his eyes don't leave mine for a second. "Don't be so sure." I slide my arms around him and smile up at him.

Before I know it we're leaning in slowly, but I shake my head before pulling away. "Why the fuck can't I kiss you, Layla?" He punches the bridge of his nose and sighs deeply.

"I don't want to ruin my makeup. Now on a gloss night." I tap my fingers on his back and he rolls his eyes before taking a handful of my hair and tilting my head to the side and pressing me against the door.

"I won't." He assures me and begins trailing kisses down my neck.

I can't bring myself to stop him. David's lips feel like heaven against my skin and I never want them to leave. He begins sucking gently and lifts me, setting me on the counter before his mouth moves more aggressively. "David." I mumble and tilt my head further to the side.

"Can I?" He questions against my skin. I nod quickly and tangle my hands in his hair.

"Please." I throw my head back as his lips move against my neck.

"No ones touching you tonight." He assures me and presses a gently kiss on my neck, helping me off of the sink.

When I look in the mirror I find massive bruises on the sides of my neck, hardly visible by my long hair. "David.." I groan and shove his shoulder gently. "Hickies are trashy." I cross my arms over my chest and he pulls me to him.

"I think my love bites look lovely on you." He smiles.

I open the door to reveal all of our friends staring at us with lifted eyebrows. "Did you just make a porno?" Scotty questions and his eyes flick between the two of us.

"Yeah, wanna see it?" I roll my eyes and flip him off, making my way towards kristen who holds Maria. "Hi, baby." I lift her into my arms and hold her tightly for a moment. I'm tempted to press a kiss to her cheek but that would result in messing up my makeup and David would be angry, and I don't need him angry with me all night.

"I love you." David appears beside me and smiles down at Maria, who grins at the two of us, her pacifier clutches tightly in her hand.

"Do you wanna stay in tonight?" I question quietly and my eyes flick to David.

I haven't been paying much attention to my mothering duties lately, David's been handling most of it. I feel horrible knowing that we're leaving her again, even if it's just for a night.

"Why?" He slides his arm around my waist.

"I don't want to leave her." I stare down at the beautiful bright eyed baby and a smile makes its way to my lips. I've officially fallen completely in love with Maria, I've seen perfection.

"She'll be here when we get back, hun. Let's just have a fun night." He presses a kiss to my head and I nod slowly, placing Maria in David's friends arms and following the rest of the group out of the room.

The cool air hits my skin abruptly as we make our way towards the Tesla. "Here." David places his jacket over my shoulders and I smile up at him.

Trisha and Jason sit in the back of the Tesla as we drive towards the bar that we planned on going to earlier. The ride is silent and slightly awkward with Trisha's eyes burning into the side of my neck so as soon as the car is parked in rushing inside to take some shots.

-

I feel like I haven't updated in forever! But we gained 2 k reads since my last update which is wild. Thank you! I'm having some writers block. I'll make sure to make the next chapter extra long :)