F I V E

"David, I really don't know what to buy," I say into the phone and look through the aisles of forever 21, nothing in the isle interesting me even slightly.

"Just buy whatever most expensive. Did you look on Instagram like I asked?" I huff and stop walking.

"Did you get a fucking life like I asked?" I can basically feel him rolling his eyes through the phone.

"Alright, here, ask the ladies there to help you find some like trendy chic clothes, do that at a few different stores. And if you still don't find anything I'll have Natalie take you tomorrow."

"Fine." I hang up my phone and place it back in my purse.

I make my way down the aisle and stop when I'm in front of a mirror. I look down at Maria, who giggles from her place in the baby carrier. "Hi, princess." I place my finger next to her hand and she grips it, waving it around and giggling with a bright smile. "Shopping is boring right?" She gurgles in response and makes a clicking sound with her tongue.

"Hi, anything I could help with?" A worker who looks to be about my age walks up to me and I sigh in relief and smile at her.

"Yes, actually. I need to stock up on trendy, fashionable, chic looks that won't make me look like a slut mom." I say and smile down at Maria.

"Well, I think I can find you a bit of what you're looking for."

I shop for the next few hours, stocking up on everything from shoes to hats and socks. A group of workers has to help me carry all of my stuff, and the Tesla looks like something out of a movie about a teenage girl who's dad is a rich businessman and buys me whatever I want.

I pull up to the Tiny restaurant, which David insisted we go to, and look over my outfit in the reflection of the shiny car.

I had changed earlier into a simple but cute outfit. I'm wearing a light beige very baggy oversized sweater, the front tucked into a pair of high waisted boyfriend jeans that look like something out of the 90's with the pant legs rolled up to rest just above the the top of a pair of the Balenciaga shoes that look like socks, a pair of socks under them to make sure none of my skin shows where the shoe and pants meet.

The outfit wasn't horrible, and it wasn't all that hot out today so it was extremely comfortable.

After grabbing Maria and the diaper bag I make my way into the restaurant to see David leaning against the door waiting for me. "Oh, hello my princess." He smiles widely and unbuckles Maria from her seat and pulls her into his arms. "Daddy missed you so much." He places her on his hip and turns to me, inspecting my outfit. "Cute." He says simply.

"I don't need your compliments." I cross my arms over my chest, these new clothes making me feel a little extra sassy. Even if they weren't I still wouldn't have wanted to accept Davids Compliment.

"Good, because I was talking to the clothes. Not you." He assures with a fake smile plastered on his face. I roll my eyes at the reply I should have expected and make my way to one of the tables they have outside of the restaurant, with the umbrella and the cute little fence around us. David sits beside me and bounces Maria on his lap.

I glance around to see some people on the street already realizing he's David and making spectacles, but David's look tells me to not worry about it and assures me it's fine.

"You know," I break the silence that has lingered for the past 20 minutes while we ate. "These damn shoes were 500$" he looks at my feet and nods.

"I have a pair if you liked them you could have asked." He hands me Maria and I place a bottle in her mouth, she quickly begins sucking on the bottle, acting as if I didn't feed her 45 minutes ago.

"Where'd you get a pair of lady's Balenciaga?" He gives me a look that says 'do you really have to ask' I smirk at him and he shrugs me off, taking a large bite of his burrito.

"I didn't think they were worth 500$ though," I say although they're probably the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever put on in my life.

"Well, they're comfy right? They'll be that comfy for years. Those things are like tanks made out of clouds." He says as if they're the best thing since sliced bread. "So, ill be home at around 5. Then we can go to your place and I'll meet your sister." I nod, the idea sounding wonderful to me.

"She's a huge stan." He chuckles at me and lifts an eyebrow.

"You know what stan means?" he asks in disbelief.

"Well.." I trail off. "My sister says she's one and I mean I guess if she's a stan I know what it means then." I say and begin confusing myself.  He gives me a look that silently tells me to shut up and I nod.

I look down to see Maria has passed out again and gently place her in her car seat and pull the fabric car seat umbrella decorated with cute little pink elephants over the top, the black fabric blocking out all of the light so she can also peacefully. "You seemed like the type to be good at the whole baby thing." David says and I look up to see him staring intently at his phone.

"I've been doing the baby thing since I was 6, when my sister was a year old." He nods, acknowledging my comment. "We're gonna head back home, do you want to drive us and take the car?" He locks his phone and places it in his pocket, nodding in response to my question.

He lifts the car seat and I grab the diaper bag and we make our way towards the Tesla, ignoring the multiple people snapping pictures of us.

-

I finish putting the las of my clothing away in my closet just as a cry rings out on the baby monitor and I make my way into the baby's room, to find her trying to free her arms from the swaddle I placed her tightly in before putting her to bed 45 minutes ago. "Hello love," I lift her with a smile and make my way back to my room.

She stretches her hands towards the cleaning and smiles playfully when I release her from the tight swaddle. "Did you have a good nap baby?" I question.

After thinking for a few moments I pull out my phone and snap a few pictures of her, then lay beside her on the large bed. "Which one should we post, lovely?" I glance at her out of the corner of my eyes to find her holding her foot with both of her hands a giggling.

After picking a picture to post I open Instagram to see that pictures of me and David are already swirling, and my likes and comments have been raised thousands in the past few hours.

Most of the pictures are captioned with things like 'who's she?' Or 'we love a David who knows how to care for babies.' I roll my eyes and stay away from the comment, knowing that's where all the hate will be, and post the picture I just took of her and caption it with a tiny pink heart.

A second after I post it the likes bar is already blowing up, one of the first likes being David. I lock my phone and toss it to the end of the bed and flip so I'm laying on my chest. "What's up baby, what should we do?" She sits and quietly sucks on her foot with a smile. "You're right, lets watch a movie."