Chapter 9

We got to the Dingo early and saved seats for everyone. Two-Bit and I had a lot of fun waiting for the other guys, just laughing and messing around. I don't think I frowned the entire time I was there with him.

Eventually, everyone got there and ate. Steve seemed a bit pissed at me, but I couldn't blame him. It was fun with the rest of the guys, but not really as much fun as it had been with just Two-Bit and I.

We didn't get kicked out, mostly because Darry was there to stop us from being so rowdy by occasionally yelling at us or rolling his eyes at our antics.

After dinner, we went back to the Curtis' and had fun. I left about an hour or so after, declining Two-Bit's offer of a ride home. If Dad saw me get dropped off by a boy I'd be black and blue for a good amount of time afterward and I probably wouldn't be allowed to leave the house until I was 30.

Heading home, I tired to ignore the cool summer breeze that nipped at my skin and caused my brown eyes to water.

I didn't get far before I heard the signature sound of a Soc engine behind me. You know, the sound of a nice engine that was constantly manicured and checked up on- something a Greaser couldn't have. I walked faster, keeping my head down and speed up as the car followed me.

It suddenly sped up and pulled in front of me, right under a streetlight.

3 boys emerged from the blue car, one of them holding a brown paper bag that almost definitely held some kind of alcohol, probably an expensive liquor or some stupid shit a Soc would drink.

"What do we have here?" one of the boys said slowly, smiling widely at me. He took a step towards me. He was tall with broad shoulders and messy brown hair. Hell, I might've found him attractive if he wasn't about to jump me.

"Leave me alone," I growled, taking a step back. "Just let me go."

"Do I recognize you from somewhere?" he continued, ignoring me. "I think I saw you at the park today."

I swallowed. "I-I wasn't at the park..." I lied, failing at being convincing.

"Don't lie," another snapped. He had long blonde hair and was short. He chuckled as he added, "Girls that lie don't get treated nicely, do they, Jim?"

"Greasers don't get treated nicely." Jim took another step closer to me. When I stepped back,  I ran into the soft chest of the third soc, and he immediately wrapped his arms around me. He smelled like sweat and alcohol, which was not a pleasant mixture.

"Let me go!" I struggled in his arms, almost breaking loose before the Jim hit me. I felt my nose that wasn't fully healed start to throb and bleed again. Tears gathered in my eyes.

"Don't cry! Not yet! We haven't even started!" the Soc from behind me yelled into my ear. His breath was somehow worse than his sweaty-smelling self.

I screamed as loudly as I could, trying to draw attention.

Jim cringed and looked around before yelling, "Shut the fuck up!" He hit me again in the stomach, forcing air out of my lungs. I stopped yelling and tried to catch my breath, gasping and coughing.

The Soc holding me threw me on the ground. Before I could move, one of them kicked me in the ribs. I groaned and held the spot, hoping that it wasn't cracked.

"Let me go!" I wheezed, trying to stand up.

One of them laughed at me. "Stay down, girl." He pushed me back onto the pavement.

"Help me!" I screamed, still hoping someone would hear me.

"Shut up!" They kicked me again in the back. "Just shut the fuck up!"

I nodded, holding back tears. "Just let me go," I pleaded, rolling over so my back was on the ground. "You've had your fun."

"No, not yet." Jim gave me a sick smile. "Not yet." They all laughed.

One of them grabbed my arm and pulled me up. He shoved me backwards, causing me to stumble and hit the hood of their car. I bitterly hoped it left a dent. The one with blonde hair took a step towards me, but before he could do anything, I swung as hard as I could at his nose.

He yelled in surprise and grabbed his nose. I saw blood gush from in between his fingers.

"So you can fight?" Jim asked, smirking.

"Stupid fucking bitch!" the blonde one screamed, taking his hand off his nose. "You fucking bitch!" He jumped at me.

I scrambled out of his way just in time. He hit the hood of the car hard, causing him to groan. I grabbed a fistful of his hair and pulled.

He screamed and clawed at my hands, bloodying then but not loosening them by any means.

The heavier Soc charged at me. Before I could move, he tackled me. The last thing I thought before I hit the ground was that he had to be a good football player.

"Ava? Ava? Ava, wake up!"

Something hit my cheek, causing it to sting.

"Wake up!"

I groaned and touched my cheek, trying to feel if it was bleeding.

"Ava, wake the fuck up before I slap your dumbass again!"

I opened my eyes slowly, trying to figure out where the fuck I was.

It was dark out, and it seemed like I was under a streetlight, on cold pavement.

Looking up, I saw someone crouching over me, looking worried and angry.

I almost laughed as I realized who it was.

"Dallas?"

Hey, I just wanted to give a special Thanksgiving update! Thanks for reading!

And if any of you watch The Walking Dead, did you see C. Thomas Howell (Ponyboy) make a guest-appearance? I almost died! My two favorite fandoms kind of crossing over!

Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving!