Chapter 32

At the hospital, they told me I had dislocated my right shoulder and that they would have to pop it back into place. Of course, I was scared- I didn't want to feel that pain again, but there was nothing I could do but let them fix it.

I let them pop it back into place, holding back tears and biting a rag so I wouldn't scream. I hadn't thought that I screamed in the car wreck, but my throat was just a bit sore, so I probably had. The doctor put it in my arm sling, which I hated after about 5 minutes, and told me to rest. They also put some ointment on some small cuts on my face I didn't know I'd gotten from some shards of glass that had somehow made it from Two-Bit's side of the car to mine.

I was walking to Two-Bit's room after what felt like hours. The nurse said he was fine, just some cuts and a broken leg after I fought her tooth-and-nail for any information she had. What I had seen with his leg wasn't fine, but I knew that if my idiot brother hadn't tried to stop the car at the last second, things could've been a lot worse.

My brother had hit his head on the dash and got a concussion so bad he knocked himself out. Buck's car wasn't exactly the safest, his airbags being broken and both taillights out. Dally's ribs were bruised and his nose broken, but I knew he'd be fine. He'd been in worse shape from fights and rumbles and never even went to the hospital.

I knocked on Two-Bit's door, a little nervous at what I might see. Even though the nurse had told me all his injuries, I was scared that there might be something that they missed.

"Come in," he grumbled. I walked in.

His leg was up in a sling, keeping it from moving at all. I was pretty sure they had him on pain medicine by the absent look in his eyes and the huge grin plastered on his face.

"Your arm!" He sat up in the bed, struggling.

"Lay back down!"

"Okay..."

"Do you feel alright?" I asked, sitting down next to his hospital bed.

He nodded, saying, "They gave me some awesome pain medicine. I might have to get hurt more often..."

Well, he was as high as a kite. At least he was having a good time. Me? My arm was still aching and I had just remembered that the gang had no idea where we were.

A nurse came into his room and I took that as my chance to leave and see Dal, then call the gang.

I stood up and smiled. "I'll see you later."

"Where you goin'?"

"To see my brother."

"Dally's here? Why?"

"He was the one who hit us."

Two-Bit's eyes got wide. "He was? Where the fuck was he goin'? He was drivin' was too fast!"

I shrugged. "I'll find out for you."

"I'll just go with yo-"

"No! You stay right there!" the nurse yelled, pointing at the bed. "You will not move, Mr. Mathews!"

I held back a grin as I said, "What she said, Two-Bit. You're stayin' here."

"Okay... I'll see you later, Ava."

I left the room, finding Dally's after a few minutes with the help of the nurses' station. I felt bad for anyone that had to deal with him here since he was bound to be a huge prick. He always was to most adults, and I was sure he didn't want to be here at all, so that wouldn't help his normally pissy mood.

He was awake. I walked in and sat down next to him, ignoring his bitching about the light coming in from the hall behind me before I closed the door, trying first to shut it with my hand that was immobile.

"Hey, man. What are you doin' at the hospital? What happened to your arm?"

"You happened, Dal. You fuckin' plowed into Two-Bit's car."

"Yeah? I knew that car looked familiar."

I shook my head, amazed at how dumb people could be. "Where were you goin' that fast anyway?"

"Sylvia's. She called and said her parents weren't home..."

"Jesus Christ," I said, laughing. "Great job, Dal."

"Wait... why were you in the car with Two-Bit?"

I paused, trying to think of a lie. But, I didn't know if I wanted to lie to Dally anymore. Darry was right- the longer I waited to tell Dally, the madder he would be when I did tell him.

"If I tell you, you can't get mad 'cause you crashed into his car and hurt my shoulder. Deal?"

"Deal."

"Okay..." I took a breath, "He and I were on a date."

Dally stayed silent for a few seconds, not moving at all.

Finally, he growled, "I swear to god when I get outta this room I'm gonna break his fucking jaw."

"Dallas!"

"What!? You expect me to be fine with you dating that mess!?"

"You said you wouldn't get mad!"

"I lied!"

"Fine!" I stood up, stomping my feet on the way to the door. "I'm goin' back to Two-Bit's room!"

Before he could yell anymore, I slammed the door behind me. Yes, I was going to head back to Two-Bit's room, but first I was going to call the gang and tell them where I was.

I called the Curtis' house and Darry answered.

"Hey, Darry," I said awkwardly, thinking back to when he saw me last.

"Ava? Where are you? And Two-Bit and Dallas?"

"We're all at the hospital."

There was silence at his end of the line for a few seconds before he sighed and said, "We'll be there in a few minutes."

"Alright. Two-Bit's room is 254 and Dally's is 263. I'll be with Two-Bit when you get here."

"Really? Last time you two were in a hospital room together-"

"Haha, you're funny," I grumbled sarcastically. "I'll see you and the guys here. Prick."

I hung up, not warning him about Dally because of his joke. I wasn't in a laughing mood right now.

Thank you all for helping me reach 5k!! Every single vote, read, and comment means so much to me and I thank everyone- the silent readers, the people who vote on every chapter- for everything.

Have a great week!!