Happy birthday, Bucky!

Post serum
Takes place after Civil war

Bucky Barnes was officially out of cyro, all of HYDRA's bad things were finally out of his head, he was probably the happiest he'd ever been in years.

But there was one thing missing, something (ok, someone) that he needed, someone who helped him through this whole thing, his best friend Steve.

After several months he realized that he was indeed gay, and he had deep deep feelings for Steven Grant Rogers, yeah, he loved Steve, sue him.

But there was absolutely no possible way that Steve would ever love him back, he did kiss Sharon and he kissed Peggy aswell, so he had no choice but to keep his feelings to himself, the two soldiers Skyped regularly and the burnett was so tempted to spill his heart out to him, but only just managed to keep it together.

It was Bucky's 100th birthday tomorrow and Shuri wanted to throw him a surprise party, she and Bucky became friends over the one year the solider had been in Wakanda, she taught him a few things about the 21st century and he told her stories about his childhood back in the 30's, the two were pretty close.

Shuri, Okoye, T'challa and Nakia woke up very early on the 10th of March preparing and decorating everything, cake and several other foods were prepped and placed on tables, presents were piled high in the corner of the room, everything was perfect.

It was 7:30 in the morning when they finished, now all they had to do was wait for the old man to show up, When the sergeant walked in the lights were out, he tried to make out the things in front of him, "hello?" He called out into the darkness.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" They all shouted in sync when the light switched on, he was rather startled, but chuckled happily when he realized exactly what was happening, if only Steve was here he thought to himself.

Shuri dashed towards the solider and hugged him tightly, he hugged her back "thank you" he whispered in her ear, she pulled out of the hug and beamed "anytime, James" he smiled back at her.

Just then Bucky noticed that Okoye and Nakia were pushing a large box into the room, he gasped "you really spoiled me didn't you?" The girls nodded, Shuri pat his shoulder "I hope you like it, we all picked it out for you" he hummed in appreciation as he began to unfold the flaps to reveal what was inside, more like whatever was inside revealed itself because at that moment, someone burst out of the box and began to cackle loudly...

It was Steve

Poor Bucky nearly had a heart attack, he fell to the ground in shock, one hand on his chest to check if it was still beating, but when his saw it was Steve he quickly got up off the ground and wrapped his arms around the blonde "Stevie, you're here!!!" He hugged him tighter, "of course I am. You didn't think I would miss my best friends 100th did you?" The burnett chuckled, Steve was actually here, he did keep in contact with him, it wasn't the same as him actually being here.

"I missed you, punk" he whispered to the blonde "I missed you too, jerk" the blonde pulled back from the embrace and gave Bucky a surprise peck on the lips, Bucky's eyes widened "did you just--?" The burnett trailed off "I did" the blonde said before kissing him again, it was short but longer than the first one, "I love you James, and I want you to be my boyfriend" Bucky didn't hesitate to say yes, everyone began cheering and clapping for the new couple, Steve left the hug and stepped out of the box and pulled Bucky over to the pile of presents.