Take me back to the night we met

🚫TRIGGER WARNING🚫 suicide. Since I've been so inactive I've decided to post on both of my books in progress yayyyy!!!! This shot is based off is one of my favorite songs at the moment and all I can picture is an angsty Stucky moment while listening so here! 

"I can't believe this, this can't be real he can't be gone he just CAN'T" Bucky rushed his words in disbelief when Nat told him the sad news, Steve was shot and killed by a Hydra agent, Brock Rumlow to be exact.

"I wish I was lying but I'm so sorry, he's gone" she said sadly to the burnet. Bucky felt tears coming through, he didn't bother stopping them. "W-we said together, always. Everything that happens we will do it together but-but now he's dead, what am I supposed to do now Natalia? What do I do?" Nat hugged him tightly, "right now? You need to let the feelings out" she whispered as Bucky sobbed loudly into her shoulder. He didn't even get to say goodbye.

///////////

Buckys POV

I turned the keys to the door of me and Steves (well I guess its mine now) floor in the Avengers tower, I could feel the heat in my swollen eyes from crying, I sat down on the couch and buried my face in my hands.

I looked over to the side table of the couch,I saw a picture frame of me and Steve sharing a kiss at the beach, that was our anniversary trip. I picked it up and held it in front of me.

I want him back

tears began to stream down my face, droplets falling onto the frame, the picture was protected by the glass.

"Hey jerk, why the long face?"

I looked up, and there he was. In his stealth suit without the helmet. I put the picture to the side and crashed my body into his, wrapping my arms around his neck and his going around my waist, tears turned into sobs and I buried my face into the crook of his neck, "hey, hey shhhhhhh its okay love, I got you. I got you" he whispers to me, I want to ask him how the hell is he alive but I don't out of fear that I'm dreaming, I cling on to him and I silently swore not to let him go.

"Care to dance?" He asked me and I obliged, he took my metal hand in his and held it out to the side.

I am not the only traveler
Who has not repaid his debt
I've been searching for a trail to follow again
Take me back to the night we met

He swayed me to the rhythm, I sighed and relaxed into him, glad he was here(?)

And then I can tell myself
What the hell I'm supposed to do
And then I can tell myself
Not to ride along with you

I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do haunted by the ghost of you
Oh, take me back to the night we met

When the night was full of terrors
When your eyes were filled with tears
When you had not touched me yet
Oh, take me back to the night we met

"I love you, James Buchanan Barnes, I'll always be there for you, in your dreams, in your mind and in your heart" wait, what does that mean? I closed my eyes silently begging that didn't mean he isn't here with me

I had all and then most of you some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do haunted by the ghost of you
Take me back to the night we met

All of a sudden my body rushed cold, I opened my eyes and he was......

Gone

"No, nonono. I don't-- I don't understand, he was here! He was right here! STEVE!!" I fell to the floor sobbing, I called for Steve to come back to me, I needed my Stevie.

I sobbed alone on the floor until I fell asleep.

////////////////

I woke up to the smell of the carpet, I got up and realized my tear stains on it, but I didn't care in the slightest. I got up and went to the bathroom, I grabbed a two pill containers and opened them up, I piled the pills into my hand before shoving them dry into my mouth.

///////////////

Natasha found him dead in the bathroom a few hours later, the Avengers made sure Bucky was buried next to Steve, the heros left the graveyard all knowing the two super soldiers were together.