Best boyfriend

Summary: Steve and Bucky are having a battle on who is the cutest boyfriend, how it works is they do really cute/romantic/cheesy things for each other until the other gives in, enjoy!

"Hey, Steve? Who's the better boyfriend? As in who does the sweetest things for the other" Tony asked Steve who was curled up with Bucky on the recliner chair "its me" they both said in sinc, looking at each other right after "no me" they said in sinc again. "You wanna fight?" Bucky asks, "hell yeah, we do adorable and romantic things for each other until one of us gives up, deal?" Steve stated "deal" Bucky agreed before shaking Steve's hand and got off the recliner chair to begin his plan, Steve doing the same.

Natasha who was sitting next to Tony on the couch, slapped his arm and leaned back with her face in her hands "Tonyyyyy do you have any idea what you've done????" She whined knowing it would be the death of everyone.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Steve was the first to make a move, he made a picnic in their living room, fairy lights all around the blanket, a black and white movie from their childhood on the TV ready to play, Bucky pretended not to enjoy it, but Steve could see right through him.

Bucky bought 30 little red gold hearts, each engraved with a reason why he loves Steve, how he was able to find thirty reasons why he loved him?  Nobody will know, but Steve smiled as he read each heart, already plotting his revenge.

Steve put single roses, all over the tower. Roses. Roses, Everywhere. In cupboards, the bathroom, bedroom, dresser, bedside table. Literally. Everywhere. Each having a compliment, smooth line or small poem attached to them. It was cute Bucky had to admit.

Steve built a sheet fort in his and Buckys bedroom, filled with pillows and fluffy blankets. Some fairy lights illuminating the place, Grapes and crackers were there for them to eat, they cuddled all bundled up in blanket, stealing kisses and feeling at home. Still Bucky wasn't giving up.

Bucky set up a night picnic. At the beach. The freaking beach. Sandwiches, fruits, berries all packed into a basket, FREAKING CANDLES stuck firmly into the ground to stop catastrophe happening, an amazing view of the water and the night was clear for star gazing, did I mention the candles? They ate the food stared at the salty water and the sky. What a beautiful night.

Steve (with the help of Tony) rented an entire restaurant for themselves, all of the tables exempt one were cleared out, they ordered dinner. Ate dinner. Ordered dessert. Ate dessert. And danced the rest of the night away.

Steve woke up one morning, went into the kitchen, to find several bouquets of Flowers all over the breakfast bar, some on the dining room table too, god I feel sorry for whoever went to the florist after him.

Cheesy nicknames. They had to go down that road, didn't they? "Snuggle bunny", "sweetie of mine", "chocolate donut", "smoochie bear", aaannnnd that's enough. The Avengers cringed out of their minds.

Eventually, they both gave up and called it a draw. After ALL of that, neither of them won. I guess there's no winning when it comes to love.

I really enjoyed writing that one, I hope you enjoyed it too! Have a good day/night, I love y'all 3000 💜