Episode 27: Quadratic Equation

"That new kid annoys the shit out of me," Liz announced when she was meeting her friends for lunch. They all met up by Simon's tesla and Anusha's car so they could drive somewhere for lunch. The previous year they all had to go to places in walking distance, but now they could branch out.

"Which one?" Simon asked leaning up against his car as they waiting for the rest of the group to join them. "There's quite a few annoying new kids this year."

"That fucking...quad- quad..." Liz tried remembering what his name was, "The quadratic equation kid."

"Quadratic equation!" Dylan yelled, "You mean Quadeca?"

"I don't give a shit what his name is," Liz replied, "He's annoying, and I hate him."

"What did he do?" Josh asked.

"He's in my English class and when he got in trouble he tried to rap his way out of going to the principals office," Liz explained, "It was so fucking annoying."

"That sounds cringy," Veronica said from the passengers seat of Simon's car. She had gotten lazy while waiting so she had just climbed into Simon's car and rolled down the window.

"It was," Liz said, "And then I heard that JJ kid say that he could rap better than him and then quadratic equation got super offended."

"Beef," Ethan said, "They probably just want attention."

"Any kid who's rapping during class probably smokes hella weed," Anusha commented and everybody looked at her, "I mean, aren't I right?"

"Anybody who wants to fight over rapping," Dylan said, "Just wants attention."

"Isn't that what I said?" Ethan asked.

"Don't get snappy with me," Dylan responded.

"Leave him be," Tobi said and patted Ethan on the back. "Breakup, remember?"

Dylan just nodded silently and then looked back at the school. "Where the fuck is Vik?"

"I'm here!" Vik yelled and ran up to the group. "Sorry."

"Where were you?" Veronica asked and Vik glared over at her immediately. She looked around at everyone. "Why is he glaring at me? I didn't do anything right?"

"Maybe," Vik said.

"Seriously," Josh said, "Where were you?"

"That kid... what was his name?" Vik asked himself.

"Quadratic equation?" Anusha asked.

Vik snapped and pointed at her. "Yes! Him," He said, "He stopped me in the hallway."

"Why?" Liz said angrily, "What did he want?"

"He was asking me about Veronica," Vik said and glared back over to her.

"Why!?" Veronica exclaimed.

"He probably heard about your reputation," Simon said quietly and Veronica slapped him from inside the car.

"Are you slut shaming me?" Veronica asked.