Episode 18: A Forbidden Love Story

"Veronica!" Vik yelled as he poked his head through the doorway of the Yearbook room. Veronica was sitting on the table skimming through some photos she'd taken on the camera she got for Christmas. "You're in the exact same position you were when I left you here," Vik said as he walked all the way in the room. "Did you do any work?"

Veronica rolled her eyes at him before responding. "Dylan didn't show up, so I couldn't get on the program."

"What? Dylan never misses Yearbook stuff?" Vik said confused as Veronica gathered her stuff and sighed.

"Yeah, I don't know," Veronica said, "she's been missing like tons of stuff lately."

"Where could she be going?" Vik asked.

"I have no clue," Veronica said, "anyways, where's Simon?"

Vik looked slightly hurt as she asked this with almost an annoyed tone. "I'm staying the night for a project we have to do, so he told me to come get you."

"God," Veronica muttered and pulled the doors at the front of the school open. "I hate that kid sometimes."

Vik just looked at the ground as he followed Veronica through the door she'd pulled open.

"I'm losing track of all of you crazy kids," Anusha said at Chipotle the next day, "like where the fuck are Veronica and Dylan."

"Veronica's with Freezy," Simon said and Vik scoffed. Everyone turned towards him.

"What?" He asked.

"Salty much?" Rachael said back to him.

"What are you talking about?" He asked again in response.

Everyone dismissed Vik and Anusha began to talk again, "But where's Dylan?"

"I saw her waiting outside school after it ended," Liz piped up, "like before all of us got out."

"I think.." Aggie began to talk. She jumped over the counter and threw her rag she had been cleaning the counter with behind her. "We should conduct an investigation."

"Last time Veronica and Dylan tried to 'conduct an investigation' all they did was find out Josh had a girlfriend and then the whole thing with Freya happened and now we're public Freya enemy number one," Ethan said skeptically after Aggie's suggestion.

"Well, what? We just gonna let Dylan sneak around all incognito and not let us know what she's doing?" Aggie asked and looked around at her friends.

"Dylan is allowed to have a life," Josh said, "I mean, girl's full of plot twists."

"That's very true," Harry joined in, "remember when we all thought her and Simon liked each other? How you doing by the way, Si?"

Simon glared at Harry for a quick second before answering. "I'm good as a lone ranger, thanks."

Suddenly Veronica burst into the Chipotle, fuming and out of breath. She breathed a few times and collected herself before running up to everyone. "I just.. saw.. preppy.. and his.. friends," She exhaled.

"Are you okay?" Vik asked, voicing the concerns everyone was holding for their out of breath friend.

"What's it to you?" She asked sassily as she was hunched over still trying to collect her breath.

"Did you run a fucking marathon?" Liz asked and Veronica lifted her head to glare at her.

"Cal refused to drive me here when I asked, so I ran here," Veronica replied.

"From where?" Aggie asked.

"The arcade. That's where Preppy was," Veronica said and waved behind her in the direction she had just sprinted from. "It was unnatural, they looked like they were enjoying themselves." She shivered.