Episode 40: The Real War Begins

"Veronica?" Simon asked and waved his hand in front of his sister's face. For the past ten minutes she had been swirling her straw in her ice and staring directly at Liz. She did indeed return to Anusha's house with coffee, which they were pretty sure was spiked with vodka, but instead of doing anything with them for the rest of the night she sat in the kitchen alone and drank her coffee. Simon slapped her in the face, "Veronica!"

"Ow!" She yelled, "Black eye is still healing, asshole."

"Sorry, I was saving you from the void."

"Yeah, whatever," She said and looked at Liz again. They didn't know how she actually felt about the situation. Liz was still convinced she was mad, while Rachael still suggested she was still processing, but it had been a week, and she'd barely spoken a word to anyone. The boys were very confused about the tension between Veronica and the rest of them.

"Did we ever tell you guys about the party we went to last weekend?" Harry asked, trying to lift some spirits. "I got really wasted and fell off the roof into the pool."

"You're an idiot," Anusha commented immediately, "You'd do that without even being wasted."

"The wasted part was a lie," Harry admitted.

"I knew it."

"So what did you guys do?" Ethan asked and everyone, but Veronica, looked over at him with rage. "What? You guys aren't curious either?" They all sighed and turned back to their normal positions as Ethan waited for his answer. "Well?"

"We sat in silence in Anusha's living room," Dylan answered for everybody. The SideBoy thought it was a joke at first, but soon realized it wasn't as none of the girls objected and Dylan didn't say anything about it after her initial statement.

"Why?" Vik asked, and then everyone looked at him. "Okay, this is fucking stupid. What's going on? She isn't being a bitch. What'd you do clone her and then accidentally kill the real one?"

"Sure," Liz said and suddenly Veronica's straw somehow broke clear in half. Liz gulped. "We'll go with that one."

Suddenly Veronica spoke, jumpscaring everyone. "I just am offended that someone obviously broke some sort of girl code."

"Huh?" Liz asked, "What are you talking about?"

"Well, you know," Veronica said, "There has to be some type of rule that says that's not allowed, and frankly I'm insulted that this is even a situation in the first place."

All the girls looked over at Rachael. "Okay," Rachael said, "Maybe she isn't processing."

"I'm not mad either," Veronica said and looked back to Liz, "Just offended and insulted."

"Offended?" Liz scoffed, "By what? You don't control..." She looked over at Simon and then remembered that none of the boys knew that she liked him. "Them."

"Sure I don't," Veronica said, "But still, I feel like this is how bad things start."

"So just get over it."

"Maybe you should," Veronica said and stared back at her ice, "Nothing for me to get over, I didn't do anything."

"Neither did I," Liz responded and started stirring her own ice, "Maybe someone should calm down and realize they don't control what happens with her brother."

"Her brother?" Simon asked, "Shit, that's me."

"Good job, Simon," Vik said and patted him, "You're so smart."

"Shut up," Simon replied, "It's very confusing what's going on right now."

"Well maybe someone should've taken the sibling relationship into account before fucking shit up," Veronica said and slightly slammed on the table. Simon looked between the two, only understanding about half of what was going on, as well as the rest of the SideBoys. The girls were just afraid someone was going to end up getting stabbed.