Episode 58: Liz, What The Fuck?

"What's happening?" The boys, minuet Lewis, plus Dylan who had been dragged from Senior League practice, walked into the Chipotle where it was entirely silent while Lewis and the other girls were staring at Liz. Simon wasn't up for this uncomfortable silence, so he walked over and flicked Veronica in the head.

"What the shit, asshole?" She yelled at him.

"Ah." He sat down in a chair next to her. "Music to my ears." Veronica pushed over the chair and he fell into a heap on the ground.

"Why are we all staring at Liz?" Tobi asked.

"Don't question it." Harry sat down in a chair across from Liz and stared directly into her eyes. "Just join in."

"I've learned to never just join in with things we do."

"How was senior league practice?" Anusha asked the team, as well as Harry and Ethan who had tagged along for absolutely no other reason than to yell weird demands at the football players while they practiced. Stuff like nice one Vikkstar! Now try dribbling it down the court! and other things that had more to do with every other sport except football.

"Josh got nailed in the face four separate times," Vik said. Josh was still on the senior league team. The SideThots couldn't do anything about it. "Each time he apologized to us, so I'm not sure what's going on in his head."

Anusha ignored his last statement. "Good."

"Not good," Simon said, "We still need a player in his spot, which won't happen if we keep giving him concussions."

"Just pressure Veronica to play," Anusha waved a hand dismissively.

"I haven't played since the fifth grade," Veronica said, "And if Simon and I have to participate in teamwork we'd burn down the school."

"You don't want to practice with your dear brother?"

"No, I really fucking don't."

"I have amazing aim," Harry said, "Maybe I can take his spot. Kick one straight into the goal, innit?"

"Yeah," Dylan said, "As long as you pretend the goal is your mother."

"I don't like your tone."

"You never should."

"Okay." Vik said and turned to Liz. "Why has she not said a word?"

Veronica rolled her eyes. "She's building suspense. She announced she had a secret about twenty minutes ago and we've been waiting for her to tell us since."

"Are you sure she isn't lying?" Dylan asked, "Remember when she started sneaking off to random places and she wasn't actually even going anywhere?" Liz chuckled at that and Dylan slapped her, effectively throwing her back into silence.

"We're pretty sure," Lewis offered.

"Yeah," Anusha said sadly, missing the days when Lewis was always sure. His powers had yet to come back and she wasn't sure if he was screwing with her or what, but something sure did seem off. "Last time she had a secret it caused a war, so I don't think she's lying."

"Liking me caused a war," Simon repeated, "Still can't believe it. Am I that special?"

"No." Veronica slapped him.

"What was that for?!"

"You didn't do the dishes last night."

"It was your turn!"

"It wasn't. We have a chart. You need to learn how to read."

"Hi. I'm Simon, I'm seventeen, and I never fucking learned how to read."