Episode 57: We Were On A Break!

"What the fuck?" Simon woke up in his living room, seeing it was a lot more of a disaster than his drunk vision had let him see last night. Empty beer cans were smashed and scattered across the floor. At least three windows were broken. For some reason confetti was covering the floor, and he was lucky the Fuck the Old Freya lights hadn't started a fire, because even if Lewis had made them, they'd been broken apart and dissected.

In the dance room, there was a drum set ready to go, even though Simon was fairly sure he'd DJ'd the night before. He saw the set of stairs in there and remembered that he had woken up in the living room opposed to his bed that he had fought so hard to protect last night. His headache was rampaging and when he looked down, he was still in his Senior League jersey, even if he did recall changing out of it.

Lewis and Liz were huddled on the floor like two caterpillars wrapped around each other when Simon went to go get some water. Harry was asleep on the kitchen island, and Simon knew he hadn't been as drunk as them. Or he thought so at least. He nudged Harry with some water in his hand, and when he didn't wake up, Simon poured the whole cup on his face.

Harry shot up, ready to punch the air, until he saw it was just his friend pouring water on him for no real reason. He wiped it off his eyes, flinging enough at Lewis and Liz to snap them from metamorphosis. "Why would you do that?"

Simon shrugged. "Had to make sure you hadn't gotten alcohol poisoning."

"I don't." Harry hopped off the table, immediately falling over and crashing into Lewis and Liz, who were both cradling their heads.

"Lewis," Liz begged, "Why didn't you stop drinking? Why did you keep going?"

"I... I thought I had a higher tolerance." He looked sadly down at a large cut on his hand from where he'd punched the upper window. "I guess I didn't. Is this what it feels like to be mortal?"

Simon shook his head at Lewis. "You're not mortal."

"No," Lewis said and felt around his body, as if something had changed. "I... I think I am. Where's Anusha? Please, get me Anusha."

Simon looked around. "You know, I'm not exactly sure. I know they didn't drink, so maybe they're upstairs."

"Get me Anusha," Liz said, "I think I need a good slap to the head after that. Only Anu—Ow!" In the middle of her sentence, Harry had slapped her upside the head, not knowing how harshly he had actually done it. "What the hell, Harry?"

"Sorry. I wanted to prove I was as good as Anusha at something."

"Slapping!?"

"Something."

Simon came back from his small journey upstairs. "No one's up there. I think they dipped."

"In what world is it okay to leave your drunk friends behind?"

Ethan came into the room laughing at something on his phone really hard. He scared the half of the group that was there and then looked up, not realizing the house had other people in it. "Oh. Sorry. Just this funny viral video of two drunkards climbing up some house like Spiderman."

Lewis stepped forward and grabbed the phone from Ethan's hand, realizing quickly that the drunkards in the video were him and Liz. "In this world," He answered Liz's earlier question. Liz grabbed the phone too and cringed as she heard her and Lewis' voices scatting the Spiderman theme song.

Ethan took his phone back and wandered into the backyard, ready for more solitude swinging on the swing. When he went out, Josh came in, wearing a girl's blouse and some very short shorts. All the group stared at him in horror and he scratched his head, asking, "What?"