Episode 29: New Kid Declares War

"How's it hanging?" Aggie asked as her friends walked into the Chipotle on the fourth Monday of their junior year.

Lewis raised an eyebrow. "Why are you asking?"

"Because nobody randomly stormed in and announced the plot of the episode," Anusha answered and sat down. Lewis nodded as if the answer was obvious and took a seat next to Anusha.

"Sure," Aggie said as she wiped out a cup, "That."

Simon looked around and took a body count of all his friends. "Veronica's not here, she's gonna set up the plot," Simon announced to everyone.

"Makes sense," Anusha said and was about to take a sip of champagne before Tobi slapped it out of her hand and gave her a scolding look. Anusha glared over but kept talking. "Doesn't she always set up the plot?"

"Isn't it always about her?" Vik mumbled.

"She does write the story," Simon said and sipped his red bull, "But go off I guess."

"What did you say?" Vik asked.

"Nothing," Simon answered. Vik glared at him for a few extra seconds and then looked away.

"Regardless," Dylan said, "She's going to march through those doors and give us a..." She hesitated, "...plot... any second now." Everybody looked over at the doors and stared at them longingly. When a couple seconds went by Harry groaned.

"This is boring," Harry said, "Can't we at least try to bet on what she's going to say?"

"Maybe she's going to come in suggesting rehab for Anusha," Tobi mumbled.

"That's what you want to do," Anusha glared at him.

"Maybe she'll come in and tell us she's dating Quadratic Equation," Harry suggested.

Liz shuddered, "Why would you even say something like that?"

"Maybe she'll say that she's back together with Freezy," Josh said.

This time Vik shuddered. Liz put a hand on his shoulder and looked at Josh. "On behalf of my buddy here, why would you even say something like that."

Vik shrugged her off and rolled his eyes at her. "Maybe she'll tell us she kissed someone else," He muttered bitterly.

"Maybe Vik will admit he likes her," Rachael mumbled in Josh's direction and Vik's head snapped over.

"What was that?"

"Oh?" Rachael responded, "Nothing."

"What if she says she likes Jaeden?" Simon asked and got everyone's attention back on the game they were playing. He looked around at everyone. "Or hot senior?"

"We already know she likes hot senior," Vik mumbled, once again, bitterly.

"Could you get any worse?" Dylan asked him and he rolled his eyes again. "I think she might just come in here and eat food."

"Now that would be a real plot twist," Anusha said, "God forbid we eat in this goddamn Chipotle."

"How are we still open?" Aggie mumbled and back into the kitchen.

Suddenly the bell on the Chipotle door rang and everyone turned around to see Veronica standing there with her phone in hand. She had one earphone in and the other was hanging down by her side. Her eyes were wide and she was staring at the ground.

"Here it is," Tobi said and gestured over to her, "What is it, Veronica?"

"Quadratic Equation released a disstrack!" She yelled.