Sad Justice Part 2 Dick x Reader

Warning: kinda long

Artemis's pov

I pulled off my black dress. (Y/N)'s funeral had wrapped up an more than hour ago and we had all returned home. Once I hung up my dress, my mother wheeled into the room. She came and gave me a hug. I cried into her shoulder.

"H-he ma-de me w-watch my be-est f-friend die, m-mom." I whispered. She rubbed my back.

"It'll be okay Artemis." She responded. I sniffed.

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course, but you will have to accept the fact that things will be different." I only nodded.

~Time Skip to almost a year later~

My phone vibrated on my bed. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Babe." I recognized the voice.

"oh. Hey Wally." I said. He sighed on the other line.

"Look can you come to the mountain?" He asked.

"sure. I'll be there in five."

"Got it."

I hung up. My mom at my doorway, passed me my suit.

"Thanks mom." I said. I slipped it on and gave her a quick hug before running out the door.

It had been almost a year since the horrible 'incident'. As I stood inside the old photo booth, I traced the 'J' I had carved into my arm. Wally had his carved into his neck, Robin (who because of what happened we found out he was Dick Grayson,) had it on his chest. Where the 'R' on his suit was.
(Y/N) had it on her cheek.

"Artemis B07." The female computer voice spoke. As I entered the mountain, I stared at the empty space that we used as a training room. Tears slid down my cheeks because of memories. I felt arms wrap around me from behind. I hugged them back.

"W-Wally?" I asked.

"Yes?" He responded. I pulled away to face him.

"How are you doing?" I asked giving his hand a squeeze. He smiled.

"I'm doing okay... Dick is still a mess though." His gaze shifted to the wall and back to me.

My smile faded.

"Poor kid. It happened almost a year ago now. Where is he?" I questioned. Wally opened his mouth to speak but Kaldur'am interrupted him.

"Team, new mission." Everyone filed into the room. M'gann and Conner entered, Conner had his arm around her. Dick slipped out of the shadows. I strained to see his face but he hid it from everyone.

"What's going on?" Wally asked as we joined the team.

"A kidnaping has alerted our systems. We're going to check it out." Kalder responded, emotionless. We all nodded.

~Time Skip brought to you by my cat~

Robin's pov

I was still torn from (Y/N)'s death. C'mon Rob! Wally's voice rang in my head. Please stop. I responded. Silence. Okay sorry. KF said. It's fine I guess. Then Aqualad's voice interrupted our small conversation. Robin, KidFlash take the east of the building. Miss Martian and Artemis take the west. Superboy, you the south and I'll cover the North. He commanded. Understood. Miss Martian responded. Everyone else replied in agreement.

I swiftly swung into the building through a broken window. I heard gun shots ring out. It brought back painful memories. The Jokers laughter echoed in my head. I groaned and held my head in my hands.