Too Soon Damian x Reader

Warning, sad oneshot ahead. The baby bird will be depressed. (Don't kill meh)

3rd person pov

Damian did his best to hold back tears that threatened to fall. But it was no use. Silent ones streamed down his cheeks. He gazed at the tombstone of his love.

(Y/N) (Y/L/N)

(Birth year)-2019

Friend, sister, daughter, hero, lover

(Your Favourite quote)

"C'mon Damian, let's go inside." Bruce whispered, putting a hand on Damian's shoulder. Damian shrugged his hand off. He shivered in the downpour but sat down on the wet grass.

Please... You can't be dead! Please! Damian begged anyone who was up there to grant him his wish. He could hear (Y/N)'s voice telling him she wasn't dead.

"Dead? Boi, I'm fine! "

Damian moved closer to her grave and knelt beside it. He began sobbing hysterically, tears mixing with the wet rain water. All his family could do was watch the poor boy and cry at the loss.

"Awe, c'mon Dami!"

"No, (Y/L/N). "

"Just do it!"

" This is idiotic. "

"That's the point!"

(Y/N)'s light laughter rang through Damian's ears. Her sound jingled in his ears making him cry harder.

Damian felt strong arms pick him up. Damian grasped the fabric of his father's black suit, sobbing into his shoulder.

"S-she sh-shouldn't h-have father..." He whispered . Bruce rubbed his back soothingly.

"I know Damian, I know..." He soothed. " Lets go inside. "

~Time Skip~

"Damian please! Please eat something!" Dick begged his little brother.

" No. " Damian stated.

"Damian, c'mon." Jason tried.

" I said no. "

"Damian, please, what would (Y/N) want you to do?" Tim spoke softly. Damian flung open his door. His face was red. His eyes were bloodshot with dark bags resting under them. His hair was messy and he was a sickly pale.

" I DON'T KNOW DRAKE! SHE'S NOT HERE ANYMORE AND NO ONE CAN DO S*** ABOUT IT! " Damian screamed. His breathing was ragged as tears flowed down his cheeks.

"Damian, you should sleep..." Dick said. Damian glared.

" I would if I could. But I can't. Her last words haunt me. Those words and her laugh ring through my head 24/7. And the sound of a bullet hitting her. And her scream... " Damian whispered.

~Time Skip~

Damian's pov

"Damian! Damian! Hiya! How was your day? " (Y/N) chirped.

"Fine I guess what about yours?" Damian asked.

"Oh it was normal. Nothing out of the ordinary. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is Grayson... Hugging Wally West? No... That's, that's-" I was cut off

"That's gay."

I raised an eyebrow at (Y/N). "I was going to say-"

"I fricking ship it." (Y/N) muttered. I facepalmed.

(If you don 't... Welp...) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here Damian! Try one!" (Y/N) held out a candy to me. I hesitated before taking it.

"You have a sugar problem." I mumbled. ( Y/N) smiled brightly at me.

"I know!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look, Damian, I uh, I wanted to tell you, I uh, like-"

"Damian, (Y/N)! Suit up! We've got an urgent mission!" Batman shouted. I turned to (Y/N).

" What is it? " I questioned. (Y/N) looked down.

"Nevermind, its nothing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

A loud gun shot rang out. A scream echoed through the warehouse. "(Y/SH/N)!" Robin screamed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And then the horrible scene replayed for Damian.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"D-Damian... I-I'm sorry..." (Y/N)'s voice broke. Tears flooded my vision and I hurried to wipe them so I could see (Y/N).

" N-no! Please! You'll be okay! Please! " I begged. I cradled (Y/N)'s head in my hands. (Y/N) rested her hand in mine. She lightly smiled up at me.

"I love you Damian..." She whispered.

" I love you too... " I managed to choke out.

I kissed her sweetly, loving the feeling of warmth flooding my body. My tears landed on her face, wetting them. 

"I'm sorry... Please don't forget me... I love you Damian..." (Y/N)  whispered.

"Please no! No (Y/N), beloved... Wake up! Damn it wake up! Please..." I begged. I held her cold, lifeless body close. "I love you..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please... I love you... Please..." Damian mumbled. He cried again. Missing his beloved that was taken from him too soon.