Stuck in the Hospital

I wake up to beeps and a boring room. There was a wide screen though on the wall. The unbearable pain was gone. But I still didn't want to move.

" My god I'm going to.... Vince you should fire that girl! She deliberately put Dakota in a hospital bed!" I hear from outside my door.

His voice was so familiar. That soft caring voice.

" You better do something! If not Mike Helton will sue you for injuring one of his drivers." He says.

That's when I realize who it is. It was Denny.

He continued to argue with Vince for twenty minutes before coming into the room. I was half awake when he sat down on the chair in the corner. He hadn't noticed me awake yet. That's when I move my head so I can look at him. He gets up and comes over to me trying to be careful.

" Dakota... Are you alright?" He asks me.

I take a deep breath and sigh.

" What happened to me." I say.

Denny kneels down beside my bed and looks at me.

" After that match you suffered two broken ribs and a disk slid out of place." He says to me.

I knew right then and there.... I was done with WWE for now.

.

.

.

I was carelessly flipping through the channels as Denny was taking a nap. Apparently he had been here for two days straight. The doctors would come in every few hours to make sure my ribs were healing and that the slipped disk didn't get any worse. It was Sunday now. Because of me Denny skipped the race. Iv never seen him like this. It's like I'm fragile and he's trying to prevent me from breaking any more.

I then hear the door knob and I turn my head towards the doors. The nurse comes in with her clipboard and pen.

" Ms. Orton. How are you doing?" She asks not caring if Denny is trying to sleep.

" Still no pain I guess." I say to her.

That's when we both hear Denny talking in his sleep. He was sprawled out on the second bed. He was almost hugging the pillow like it was a person. The nurse slips out of the room as I watch Denny. I then flip through the channels again finally finding the race. Kevin Harvick was leading as Kasey was close behind. I was shocked to see Kasey up there. And it looks like he brought uncle Jimmie to the front too. The 48 lowe's Chevy follows in Kasey's tracks as they come to the final laps. I was so into it I couldn't help but try to sit up as Dale passes Kyle Busch. Both Kasey and Jimmie were chasing down Kevin like he was standing still. As I watch the race come down to the final laps I start to notice the subway #99 of Carl Edwards come to life. He had passed Jimmie and was challenging Kasey and Kevin for first place.

" Come on Carl!" I yell which startles Denny right out of his bed .

He sits up and pulls himself up giving me a look.

" What?" I ask trying to look innocent.

Denny looks at me and then sits down.

" lay down. I want you to heal. And thank you for cheering on my enemy." Denny says.

Denny then turns his head to see Carl pass by Kasey who had just taken the lead from Kevin.

" That could have been me." He says under his breath.

I ignore him as Carl takes the checkered flag at Daytona.

" Nice job Carl and good job to team Hendrick." I say.

Denny rolls his eyes and gets up.

" I'm going for a walk." He says to me.

I sigh and soon enough pass out from bordom.

Authors note: yup.... Very short and boring... Sorry guys I promise it will get better.