Whiplash

"So what do you want to do?" Destiny asks from the front seat of Chris's challenger. It was Wednesday, a free day for me. I decided to take a flight back home to Charlotte and hang out with Destiny and her best friend Chris.
I look out the window feeling the heaviness in my eyes grow. Chris was going about seventy down the main stretch of the highway. Everything seemed like a blur.
"Maybe home.. Denny has been waiting patiently to see me." I say out loud.
Chris chuckles and shifts gears as the tail lights of a mustang appear in the horizon.
"Go home? What happened to the Dakota I used to know? The wild rider, racing, fighting female." Chris says.
I clear my throat and shift myself to make it more comfortable. The back of his challenger is not that comfy. I'll tell you that much.
"She's tired out. She's been working her ass off almost every night." I say.
Chris laughs.
"Fighting? Fake fighting has tired you out? Wow." He says.
Before I can answer back a set of headlights appear behind us. The engine was not American either. The whine sounded like a Subaru.
"Who does this guy think he is? He's on my ass and I'm doing 90mph." Chris says.
He hits the clutch and shifts again to speed up.
The Subaru then shifts and speeds up. It pulls up close enough to be riding Chris's back bumper.
"Chris..." I say in a worried tone.
"Hang on guys." Chris says then he shifts again and speeds up to the max speed of his challenger.
As I turn myself around I see the Subaru catching up fairly quickly.
"Chris that Subaru is catching up." I say.
"I'm calling Cory!" Destiny shouts as she quickly dials his number.
Chris pulls into the far left lane avoiding a mini van. The Subaru follows and gains on us.
"Who the hell is this guy!" Chris yells with frustration.
Destiny turns around slowly. I can see the fear in her eyes as she finally sees who's driving the Subaru.
"Chris...." She says with a trembling voice.
As their eyes meet I know that there's something serious going on.
"Hang on!" Chris says.
He then tries to lose the Subaru by cutting off a tractor trailer.
"What's going on Chris." I say trying to keep myself calm.
"It's someone from the past... Br-" is all he gets to say before a loud screech of tires blocks him out.
All I can see is the head lights of a Nissan GT-R in the rear view mirror. He had cut off the truck and now is behind us. The Subaru was gone for a few moments. Then more screeching tires. The challenger jolts right. I can see Chris struggling to keep control of the car. Then a huge bump from behind. The Nissan rear ended us. Destiny was screaming. Chris was trying so hard to keep the car straight. But as the Nissan made contact with the challengers right rear corner panel, it was too late for action. The challenger spun. I watch as Chris tries to grab the wheel. Then I see the Nissan from the passengers side of the car. We were side ways in a never ending slow motion spin.
"Chris!" I yell as the Nissan smashes into the side of us sending us barrel rolling.
.
.
"Ugh.... Chris... Destiny..." I mumble as I see a tree branch coming in from the windshield.
As my eyes fully tune in I notice that I'm upside down only being held in by my seat belt. Below me is a small puddle of fresh blood. Slowly I struggle to reach for the buckle. After hitting the crushed roof of the car I look at the drivers seat and passenger seat which are empty. That's when I start to worry.
"Destiny!" I try to yell.
I pull myself towards the passenger side window seeing both Chris and destiny laying on the ground. Three boys standing up in front of their motionless bodies. The one in the middle, who had his hands in his pockets smiled seeing the bodies. He looked so familiar....
His light brown hair with the frosted tips.... His tan skin from almost the south. No one can get a tan that well unless you live in Texas or Tennessee.
"Load them up before the cops show up." The boy says.
I watch as the other two grab hold of both Chris and destiny and drag them to the set of cars that are parked up along the highway.
"Brendan, what about the other girl." One of the boys asks him.
That's when his eyes dart towards the car. They were blue.... The smoke was heavy but I knew for a fact that they were blue.
"What other girl....?" He asks.
"There's another girl in the car. I know you just wanted destiny and Chris but they had a friend with them." He says to Brendan.
Brendan paces back and forth for a moment then stops.
"Pull her out and let me see her. If she's useless to us then throw her back with the rubble and burn her with it." Brendan says.
The boy nods and walks towards me. I shut my eyes and make myself look like the belt failed and let me drop.