Welcome to Authority

"I can't believe he would do that. He's eighteen! That idiot!" I hear Destiny saying as I flip through the channels on the tv.
" maybe he just couldn't help himself?" I say back inturupting her thoughts.
I hear her sigh.
" It's my fault... I shouldn't have just disappeared... But after Steve's death.... And Tim going into a coma.... I couldn't stand people...I focused myself on the shop. I'm surprised I was welcomed back so easily." She says.
That's when I get up and stretch.
"Your always going to be welcome. Your a legend Destiny. The first female Elliott to win a championship in nascar. And to beat Jimmie for it." I say to her.
She sighs letting out a stressed breath.
" I should have been there for Chase....I abandoned him when he needed me the most..." She says.
Thoughts flow through my mind as I stand there for a few moments.
" let's go out. Maybe that will take your mind off things." I say.
Destiny gets up and smiles lightly.
" maybe that's what I need." She says.
I grab my keys and then we head out.
.
.
.
" Come on Kevin! Two more laps!" I yell as the cars go around the track.
The season coming to an end in front of me and Destiny. Kevin has the lead with Kasey in tow behind him. Both running different lines just to try to keep the advantage on each other.
" come on!" I yell once again only to hear Destiny laughing Alittle.
" what?" I ask her.
She grins and then shifts herself.
" I remember being that happy to watch races. I can feel the stress Kevin is going through. I once had that." She says to me.
She was so observant. Was it because she's studying her opponents? She was very wise as well.
We are on top of the four hauler as the laps come to an end. Kevin was leading Jimmie and kasey as he takes the white flag. Kevin takes the low line this time as he goes around the turn. Kasey though had stayed up high near the wall leaving just enough room between them both for Jimmie to sneak into the battle. Kevin whips the car through the turn and then comes back up to the wall on the back stretch. As kasey and Jimmie come to the back stretch they end up running side by side. Instead of trying to help each other catch Kevin they both battle for position.
"Jimmie come on!" Destiny says in a surprising cheerful tone.
Jimmie pulls slightly ahead of kasey when they come to turns three and four. Jimmie cuts across the track taking the low lane in the turn leaving Kasey now in the dust. In his sights now was the number 4 Budweiser Chevy of Kevin Harvick.
As I look back at destiny I can see the excitement in her eyes. I knew her uncle is Jimmie. And with Jimmie being up in second, this seventh championship could mean a lot to her.
"Jimmie!" She yells as he gets a little loose coming out of the turn.
I could tell Jimmie was pushing it as Kevin was getting closer to the finish line. Both were now running the same line with the checkered flag waving. I pull myself to my feet as Jimmie and Kevin cross the line almost looking like a tie. Jimmie was rubbing up against Kevin trying to keep him self straight. He came out of the turn loose and never fully caught the car. He slammed into the side of Kevin slowing him down dramatically. Kasey had seen this and floored the gas to try and catch up to his troubled teammate. The crowd was intense as the two of them came across the line. Wheels locked with each other. From my seat I couldn't tell who won. But by the grin on Destiny's face. It had to be obvious.

"That was amazing!" She says as we meet up with Chad to go walk to victory lane. I could tell Chad hadn't seen destiny in a long time either.
"It's been awhile huh des? I haven't seen you in a long time. How's the shop doing? And Cory?" Chad says to her.
"Iv needed time away from NASCAR...a lot had happened Chad...I wish you could understand. And Cory is alright. He's getting better at racing on dirt." Destiny says.
We walk to the stage and meet up with the champion.

"Ladies and gental men, your NASCAR sprint cup series champion, Jimmie Johnson!"
.
.
.
Monday night raw

"Four months ago an athlete did what no one thought he could do. He took out the viper. This man has since won the title from Daniel Bryan after destroying and ending him as well. The authority is in control. And that's how I like it." Hunter says into the mic as the crowds boos continue.
"No hunter, that's how we like it." Stephanie says in her annoying voice that makes me want to punch her out.
I pace back and forth in the back room frustrated. My mind telling me to go and then to stay. As soon as Stephanie announces Seth Rollins, my mind goes black. Every step he takes is another step closer I get to the gorilla. By the time he climbs into the ring I reach the gorilla.
" Dakota your not up yet." A guy says.
I give him a look and cross my arms.