The turning point for Aces and Eights

As I wake up I hear the loud sound of engines revving. I sit up to an empty bed with a note on Denny's pillow. I pick it up and read it after I rub my eyes.

     " Practice starts at 7:00. I'll be back around 9."

I sigh and get up feeling my body ache.

   " Damn does wwe kill." I mumble as I trudge to the shower.

I grab a towel and lay it on the counter then I turn the hot water on. I step in and let the hot water sooth my soreness. NASCAR is in Phoenix Az, this weekend. I had my car brought down here so I could run a few laps on the track while the cars were in the garage. That and I wanted to show off my car to Chase.

I throw on a team FedEx shirt and shorts. I then put on my cowboy boots and head out to the track. I can see Denny running around the turn with Dale. Denny up high while Dale is down low. I continue walking to Denny's hauler so I can watch him run in practice. As I settle in I feel my phone buzz. When I look down I see a text but no name. I open it.

    " Something's going on with Kayla and AJ."

I read it over and over again. That's when the kiss pops back into my head and I rethink it.

   " I knew he didn't like me like that." I say out loud. I get up and climb off the trailer as Darian Grubb looks at me. I touch the dry dirt of Arizona with my boots. My anger raging. I go over to Kasey's garage area and start looking for his phone for Kayla's number. As I finally find it a see about ten messages from another girl. I go into his messages and start reading them.

  Kasey: "I can't believe you had gotten me drunk that night. I should have been with my wife that night. I regret ever talking to you. She was everything to me and you ruined it!"

Melissa: " But you were so desperate and beaten down. You needed someone by your side."

Kasey: " honest to god Melissa, I hate you. I hate your guts. And I never want to see you again!"

I take pictures of the messages and then take a picture of Kayla's number. I walk back to the motor home and sit on the couch. A few minutes later I send the pictures to Kayla. I don't say my name but I write from one diva to another. I delete the messages after they have sent and then call up AJ.

.

.

.

Sunday, race day,

The drivers had just gotten the signal to go as I reached Denny's pit box. They were getting ready to pull off of pit road as I put my scanner and head set on.

I was curious to know if Kayla got the messages as the green flag waves. I can hear the engines pick up speed as they go down the front straightaway. Kyle Busch had the lead but Brad Keselowski was challenging him. Then there was Denny and Kasey running single file behind the leaders.

.

.

.

(Halfway)

I watched to guys climb up onto the  wall as Denny came rolling down pit road. We were under caution because of Jeff Gordon spinning out. The guys changed the right sides first then the left. Denny pulled away perfectly and took first from Kyle Busch as they come off pit road. I was excited for him. He was leading and has been up front all day. Darian Grubb watches as Denny keeps going. Laps continue to flash by as the race comes to a close.

   " Ten to go Denny." I hear over the scanner. They continue to race as the storm clouds roll in.

Soon enough Kyle takes the win and the rain rolls in. Denny finishes second.