The Agency

Dear readers, this chapter contains breathtaking scenes! Make sure you grab your popcorn before reading it! For the action is about to get real! 

Yours  sincerely: The author

Judy and Violet finally made it out of the park. They stopped for a moment and looked behind. The central alley was covered in shadows and complete darkness engulfed the forest ahead of it. Street lighting was poor, only a few lamps. Except Judy and Violet, no one else was present on the street, explicable, since midnight had already passed. The two quickly crossed the boulevard and headed towards the outskirts of town.

"Mommy? Aren't we going home? Violet whispered

"Yes, Dear, but before that, we'll visit a friend"

"A friend?"

"Yes" Judy nodded, as she held the little raccoon in her hands. He still slept and maybe this was better for everyone...

Though Violet was scared and shocked, she asked no more questions. Through the years she had learnt that if her mother had a plan, than she'd be doing best if she stuck to it. At that same moment, Judy thought of professor Rattensberg... He could have known something... After all, his reputation was wide – spread, and not only in Zootropolis.

Judy did this not only in an attempt to receive information about the mysterious assassins. Although it was just an internal feeling, Judy felt someone could be awaiting them near their home. It was of no importance if such premonition was true or false. Also, the fact that Judy was a ZPD officer played a great role. She was specially trained for such occasions. If the assassins in question knew so much about her life, as, for example, where she worked and where was her daughter's kindergarten... then they were surely aware of where she lived as well. It would be foolish to immediately return to her apartment. Judy reasoned, as they approached a big house.

"That'd be it!" she guessed as she saw the house. Then, she stopped and looked at Violet.

Violet's eyes were semi – closed. She was so tired that she was ready to fall asleep. Judy sighed. They had no choice, indeed. Judy knocked on the door.

"Who's there?" a rough voice came from the other side.

"Good evening! Apologies for the disturbance..." Judy started. "We're here to see professor Rattensberg."

"Do you have an invitation?"

"Well, we were invited by him yesterday..."

"Hang it over!" The voice spoke.

"We did receive a verbal invitation by him" Judy insisted.

"Prove it or go away!" the voice roared again. Judy felt helpless. How was she supposed to prove? She was shocked and tired and everything seemed hopeless...

"FRANK! What's going on out there!?" Someone shouted from the inside.

"Strangers, sir!" The voice at the door spoke. It was obviously a guard.

"Who?" the voice from inside the house asked nervously.

"A rabbit, sir, with her kid!" the guard responded. "With a kid of... what kind of species she is – I don't know..." he muttered to himself, but the person from inside ( it was the professor actually ) heard him. He quickly came and looked through the peephole. He immediately recognized Violet and opened the door.

"Violet?" he asked, as he invited: "Come in, come in, you're most welcome! Frank! These two are my special guests."

"Yessir!" The guard responded.