Violet

Dear readers, this chapter is a bit more peaceful than the previous ones ( Which doesn't mean the action is over, actually ). If you have any ideas for further improvements of the current chapter, please let me know with a comment below or aside.  

Thank you!

Yours sincerely: The author.

Violet stood face – to – face with her grandma. Several moments had to pass before Bonnie could hustle up and take a breath. Judy and Lilla had sat on the sofa and observed the two with interest. But while Lilla was mostly curious, matters were deeply personal for Judy. Violet was her daughter, after all. She strenuously paid attention to every single detail. The way Bonnie spoke, the way she stared, the way she gesticulated... Everything mattered to Judy.

Judy had grown extremely worried and puzzled by the way her mother behaved on the table. It was as if Bonnie did not like her for some reason... Anything was possible. Bonnie's strict sight pierced at Violet. This made Judy tremendously nervous. She sat on the sofa, but was ready to jump and defend her daughter, should it became necessary.

Suddenly, Bonnie's strict expression softened. Her face was lighted up with a wide smile.

"Well, isn't she stunning!" Bonnie grinned. "How's my little granddaughter? Come to Granny, Dear!" Bonnie spoke with arms wide – opened. Violet found it hard to make a single move, yet alone to pronounce a word. Her ears had lopped since the moment she saw her grandma.

Yes, it was definitely easier to encounter a person in your Mummy's arms! But it was completely different to stand one – on – one with that same person, while no one else is around. Violet felt uneasy. She looked around and focused her sight on her mother.

Judy sat on the sofa and looked at Violet as well. Her sight was so soft, so gentle, that even Bonnie's heart melted down. Accidentally, Judy patted on the sofa. Violet squeaked and jumped over the glass table, right into her mother's lap.

"Oh my!" Bonnie exclaimed, overexcited by what she had witnessed. "She jumps just like a rabbit! My little champion jumper!"

Judy's ears instantly dropped down. She turned red as she hugged and caressed Violet.

"This is your Grandma, Dear! Do not be afraid!" Judy comforted her daughter. As a response, Violet's hug just became stronger.

"Oh, she'll get used to it, don't worry, Dear!" Lilla spoke. During all this time, she stood silent. But she realized, just like Bonnie, that Violet could not behave much differently in such circumstances. After all, this was the first time she met her granny. Moreover, the things she and Judy had passed through... It would be a surprise if a child at the age of Violet could bear the pressure of the events that had befallen her. As a matter of fact, children do have a strong sense of self – protection. The more they are subjected to stress and the more they feel insecure, the less likely it is for them to trust anybody. Of course, exclusions are present. One could also overcome such a state over time.

But Judy did not want her daughter to feel like a potential escapee every time she joined a social group. After all, she thought, this might be exactly what the Agency in question wanted – to awaken the instincts of a prey in Violet in order to isolate her and catch her easier. Believe it or not – Judy's assumptions were correct. Such were the general tactics of the Agency towards their victims. But Judy did not want to think of it... not right now... she wanted to be safe, at least for some time... she wanted to be restful, she wanted peace...