On the move

Dear Readers, dynamics, dynamics and only dynamics! I'm glad to announce that the story continues! Thousands of new ideas! Literally! YAY! 

Now is the time, Dear Readers! If you enjoyed this chapter, let me know by making the star shine yellow! Also, should you have any comments - feel free to comment! Thank you! ^^

Yours sincerely: 

Kosta

Nick sniffed, as he entered the living room. He looked at his family and friends and winked.

"Am!" he opened his mouth. Judy examined him carefully and smiled.

"Haha, Nick, what's up?" she giggled, as she tapped on the sofa. "Come, sit down!"

Nick slowly approached Judy and flounced next to her. Surprised by the shaking, Violet bent from the other side of the sofa.

Nick looked at his daughter and forced himself to crack a smile. Then, he buried his head in his wrists and fell silent. Several minutes passed.

"Nick? Is everything okay?" Judy asked, full of concern.

"Yeah, I guess...." Nick murmured, but then whispered: "Judy...."

"Yes?" Judy winked at him. Her ears had lopped.

"I have to tell you something..." Nick started. "In fact, all of you need to know". Now, everyone turned at him and listened cautiously. They expected him to start speaking...

"I ought to tell you... I had a conversation with Lil..." Nick spoke. Lilla nodded and lowered her head in expectation.

"From what I learnt, I have been infected with some sort of virus..." Nick continued. Judy listened carefully.

"The viral strain is created with a specific purpose – to make predators wild."

"Not only predators!" Professor Rattensberg objected. Surprised, Judy shuddered. Nick turned at the Professor as well.

"Not only.... Predators?" he spoke uncertainly.

"Indeed." Henry nodded. "The W.I.L.D. virus is created to strike down the neural cortex, no matter predator or prey... It is designed not only to drive you mad, but to make you vulnerable and, eventually, to finish you..."

"So... we are solving the puzzle, piece by piece...." Nick nodded as well. "THEY didn't manage to poison Judy, but did manage to strike me... After all, their plan has been a partial success...." Then, Nick turned at Lilla. "I guess this is the true reason why you told me no more agents would be after me?"

Sitting next to him, Lilla stood surprised. Was it out of the new information she had learnt or was it out of fear? She didn't know. Nick had only suppositions.

"Nick..." Lilla started. "As I told you, the first way to overcome the virus comes from your own self. The Agency cannot know if you will be able to defeat the viral strain. They're experimenting upon you... So, yes, you're something like a "guinea pig" to them"

"How is that relating to my question?" Nick looked at her.

"What I assured you of was that no more agents are to be sent, but because of the fact you'll discover and slaughter them all. THEY see no point of chasing you further. THEY seek only Violet"

"I was aware of it long ago, Darling!"

"I never doubted it!" Lilla answered.

"So.... What else do you know?" Nick asked again.