Opportunities

Dear Readers, another chapter comes live! The heat gets real now, so watch for it closely! ;)

Meanwhile, if you enjoy the story so far, let me know by hitting the star and making it shine! ^^ Thank you so much for your amazing support! :)

Sincerely:

Kosta

Though it was still midday, darkness engulfed the living room in the Wildes' apartment. Despite the lack of sunlight and Judy's lack of nocturnal eyesight, she was still able to see the guests. They were all masked, which, according to Billy, was performed as a precaution in case they were revealed.

Most major tasks of the secret agents included working under immense pressure and special conditions, which one – word description was "undercover". Covert ops often involved taking the life at great risks and therefore, the need of security, even when it came to personal recognition, was present at a high rate.

Now, Judy realized under what conditions had Nick been working. Seeing him masked all the ways around... His constant sharpness, his reactions to every single sound or movement, his stress... Above all else, Nick had to be extremely cautious. He had to....

But in fact... Judy thought he could not behave like this constantly... It was practically impossible... He had to live his civil life as well... After all, Zootropolis... Here, reason and objective truth collided. The city was already thrown into something, which was far more terrible than an armed conflict – a civil war. Citizens were under constant pressure, The evil Agency in question had its positions among the state authorities, and the SZPD was one of the few left structures, which possessed any special competences to resist.

Everything seemed manageable, until Nick got taken away... Now, hope quickly faded. The Chief of one of the last stable structures was gone, and now... The Agency would probably try to appoint another Chief... One, that would be strictly obedient to his / her superiors.

"Huh?" Judy hustled up.

"We ought to tell you something." Billy whispered, as he stared at Judy.

"Go on..." Judy lifted her head.

"First of all... my condolences for Sir Wilde... It's a great loss for us, but for you... it is the greatest.... My condolences for Violet as well..." Billy lowered his head. When he lifted it again, Judy was looking at him with a firm expression. No sign of weakness on her face.

"Thank you..." Judy nodded. "But we must press forward! This is what Nick would have done if he was alive"

"Yes... We're on the same page!" Billy took out a paper from his backpack. "This is why I'm giving you this..."

Judy took the paper and looked at it...

"An application? For the SZPD?" She turned at Billy.

"Yes." Billy spoke. "You are our only hope, Madam Wilde! You are a worthy successor of Sir Wilde! The One and Only! We are loyal to you more than we would be to anyone else..."

"Billy..." Judy stared at him. "There are rules. First, no more than a month has passed since Nick's DISAPPEARANCE. He's not dead and I know it. I can feel it!"

As Judy spoke it, some of the agents looked at her with lightened expressions. Truly, the wife of Sir Wilde emanated hope! She was indeed as enthusiastic as he described her! They stared at her and admired her bravery and positivism... Yes, with such a leader they would withstand the Agency's aggressive moves!