The party

"HEYYYYY, THERE YOU ARE!" Donny was so occupied with his phone, that such a shouting made him jump out of surprise and spill a drink. He turned at the voice's owner.

"Sonic!? What on Zearth... "

"Easy, easy, bud! Didn't expect such a freaked state on your behalf." Sonic shook hands with Donny.

"Oh... I just guess I caused no trouble."

"The drink? Naaaah, I don't think so!" Sonic spoke, as he nodded at the waiter. "I'm happy no one was wounded."

Now, Donny looked at Sonic. The blue hedgehog was not alone. With him, there were two other guys.

"Hey, Donny!" Tails greeted, after which he shook hands with the beaver as well. Next to Tails, stood a red echidna.

"Hey there, buddy!" Donny greeted.

"Knux, this is Donny. " Sonic introduced his new friend to the echidna.

"Oh, hey there!" Donny stretched hand at the echidna. The guy named "Knux" looked at the beaver and shuddered, as if he finally realized someone was standing in front of him.

"Oh... What was I thinking of... Nice to meet you... I'm Knuckles. Knuckles the Echidna." He spoke at last. "Apologies for the grim behavior..."

"So, I see you've booked our table already!" Sonic grinned. "And it really looks a nice place! Next to the rose bushes, not so afar from the alley and far away from the speakers. Tails and Knuckles would not like it if you had picked seats next to the speakers, for example." He laughed. Both Tails and Knuckles looked at him with sour physiognomies.

"Aaaaaah, c'mon, guys, chill out!"

"OK, so... shall we settle down?" Donny offered.

In a few minutes...

"So, Sonic, I heard you're new in town?" Donny asked as he prepared is beverage.

"Well, yeah... kinda." The blue hedgehog scratched himself by the head. "Although I already had the opportunity to explore much... "

"You mentioned you're not a zootopian. You said something about... Mobius?" Donny asked again.

"Yes. We're all from New Mobius." Tails confirmed. "And we call ourselves Mobians. New Mobius is located in the Acorn Kingdom. "

"Really?" Donny's eyes were wide – opened at this one. "Do you know the Royal family?"

"Yes, we do!" Tails giggled. "But it's just it that we... haven't been there since long ago! I don't know if Sonic has told you, but..."

"The Accident... " Knuckles nodded head. Donny turned at him in curiosity.

"The Accident?" he asked. "You mean... you have come here by... accident?"

"Yeah... "Sonic nodded in agreement. "We're not from your world." He took a deep breath. "It's a long story."

"Tell me more, Sonic!" Donny insisted.

"Um..." Sonic took and uneasy look at Knuckles, then at Tails. Tails nodded. "Tell him, Sonic! He has met Shadow, and has encountered Aeon..."

"Aeon?" Donny shuddered at the mentioning of the name. "I... don't know this guy, but have heard of his name, or kinda..."

"Alright, buddy... I think you deserve to know.... " Sonic started.

" Everything began, when we learnt that Cain, a mysterious creature, of whom we knew way too little, was planning to unlock a secret Gate, destroy our world and occupy the others. So, the Gate had two purposes – destruction and opening a portal to other dimensions...